Jess m
I have said on the other two threads and it looks like I am saying it again.
The neglect by the Environment Agency has been going on since the back end of the 1990's as my posts keep stating.
THERE WAS SUFFICIENT MONEY over this long period of time for dredging and maintainence , it was nothing to do with government cuts, it was a decision made by the likes of Lady Scone who we keep saying was avidly against dredging for the promotion of wildlife over the farming industry and the local people who know how to manage the Moors and rhynes.
I am from that community and I can tell you the Environment Agency has been no friend of local people when it comes to the subject of dredging, not just over the last few years this government you seem besotted with have been in office, but since they stopped dredging almost 2 decades ago. They got rid of the equipment to carry out necessary dredging work on the Moors and rhynes and they have been warned since about 2000 they were wrong but basically they couldn't give a stuff, they knew better and refused to listen to the warnings.
Now it will cost a fortune to correct. their pig headed attitude and their desire for the protection of the birds and wildlife . Again as I have said on another thread, the birds and the wildlife they wanted to protect have been anhialated, WHAT AN OWN GOAL.