Science/nature/environment

Mouse farts.

(37 Posts)
pompa Wed 26-Nov-14 13:13:30

For any pheasant wanting to be let in here, it would be a one way trip. [yummy]

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 26-Nov-14 13:10:40

Bluetits!

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 26-Nov-14 13:10:04

That pheasant thought his reflection was another pheasant threatening his territory. I get bluet it's doing the same. (Shudder) (bird phobia)

janerowena Wed 26-Nov-14 13:09:36

Stop what? I would stop them if I could!

janerowena Wed 26-Nov-14 13:09:05

I'll console myself with the thought of our heating bills being lowered by rodent-generated methane then. 'Always look on the bright si-ide of Life, tee dum, tee...' No, doesn't work.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 26-Nov-14 13:08:14

Stop it!!! Stop it now!

janerowena Wed 26-Nov-14 13:07:00

One of the joys of living in the countryside, jings. The countryside moves in with you for the winter. I've even had a pheasant pecking at the French windows wanting to be let in.

janerowena Wed 26-Nov-14 13:05:53

Oh God please no. Although that does sound more like it!

pompa Wed 26-Nov-14 12:59:52

Then it could be one of these :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_JBVNdGpgw

pompa Wed 26-Nov-14 12:57:54

What's todays date 1st April ?, no.
Ah, now if there are enough of them, you could heat the house with methane.

jinglbellsfrocks Wed 26-Nov-14 12:49:10

Euuuurgh!

You need to move.

janerowena Wed 26-Nov-14 12:46:21

Tell it like it is, I say.

Did you know that mice fart? No, nor did I until this morning. BH bought me tea in bed and I was lying there listening to the sound of his car driving away and heard an almighty great fart coming from beneath the floorboards to my left. I couldn't even blame DBH as he wasn't there. I thought I was imagining things, really, until I heard another one.

I went downstairs and turned on this computer, situated almost directly beneath our bed, and could hear lots of scrabbling going on above my head. So now I can't escape the fact that a family of farting mice have moved in for the winter, under the bedroom floorboards and carpet where I can't even get to them to evict them!

I googled farting mice (please God don't ever let my computer be requisitioned for any purpose) and this was just one of the many results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Caqd_M6p2Q0