Clouds and haze cleared here and the eclipse has just passed its"peak"(?) -a thin sliver like a smiley face! I remembered that thing about birds falling silent etc from the 1999 eclipse, but have to say it didn't happen here this time -still chattering away and flying around.
I wonder if it is a feature of the double glazing, but although the sun was clearly too bright to look at directly, I found that from a particular angle I got the crescent shape "reflected" as it were in the glass. There was a good website which gives an animation for your locality so I was able to check against the time.
Now feeling depressed as I wonder if I will see another one in my lifetime -oh momento mori. 
Gransnet forums
Science/nature/environment
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »

I have friends near Holsworthy and wish I'd paid them a visit!!!

