Gransnet forums

Science/nature/environment

How good is your o ?

(35 Posts)
Elegran Fri 01-Jul-22 15:13:53

www.sciencealert.com/scientists-have-measured-a-perceptual-ability-called-o-how-good-is-yours?

annodomini Sat 02-Jul-22 19:13:40

I don't really understand what was being measured. I did the whole thing quickly and using inspired (!) guess-work. Not really worth a 'wow'!

MissAdventure Sat 02-Jul-22 19:24:14

You're just trying to talk your way into our elite little club, aren't you? grin

Elegran Sat 02-Jul-22 19:36:08

Probably the best way, Anno. Inspired guesswork is really just listening to your inner computer, which has assessed automaticallywhat it sees. How often you know intuitively that something is out of place, or just wrong, and learn later that you were right. I suppose this "o" is the inner computer. Some people have a super-charged one, others have one that needs wound up by clockwork and runs out of oomph easily.

annodomini Sat 02-Jul-22 19:40:37

Fancy that, Elegran! Perhaps I have an 'inner computer' that's been eluding me for 80 years!

nadateturbe Sat 02-Jul-22 19:49:37

Too quick, had to guess!

Zonne Sat 02-Jul-22 22:22:42

Also better than 66% of the first hundred.

Since I’ve no idea what they scored, I’ve no idea whether I have high ‘o’ or not.

JackyB Sun 03-Jul-22 11:29:52

Better than 0%! (Seriously!) Quite honestly I didn't understand what they wanted - the food one was weird - they were all different.

I couldn't take the article seriously anyway. The first two words "like snowflakes" we are all different. Snowflakes are not all different. That would be impossible, as has long been scientifically proven.

MissAdventure Sun 03-Jul-22 13:07:28

I don't remember anything about snowflakes.
My inner computer must be malfunctioning.

JackyB Tue 05-Jul-22 15:09:49

Well I tried again and have improved from 0% to 1%. I still don't understand the questions. It says "study these 3 objects" then asks you which object you studied. So this time I just concentrated on one but nothing matched in the following pictures.