Gransnet forums

Science/nature/environment

Chilly This Morning

(47 Posts)
Margs Thu 10-Sept-26 04:09:43

Heating on for the first time this Autumn. Brrrrrrrrrrr!

grandMattie Thu 10-Sept-26 04:38:56

I’m hanging on for a few more days, but must admit that the early mornings are starting to be jolly chilly 🥶

tanith Thu 10-Sept-26 07:39:42

No! not happening here. Just had the boiler service done but my heating won’t go on till I feel cold and I’m still in knee length shorts and T-shirts most days.

Smileless2012 Thu 10-Sept-26 07:56:21

We put a 15 minute boost on this morning.

Casdon Thu 10-Sept-26 08:00:38

It soon warms up when the sun is out, so I’ve been hanging my dressing gown over the heated towel rail in the bathroom to put on first thing, I haven’t had the heating on yet.

Charleygirl5 Thu 10-Sept-26 08:00:44

It is definitely not cold enough for heating here yet. It usually is switched on in the evening first.Towards the end of the month is a more acceptable time. I just don't sit with the kitchen door open now.

pably15 Fri 11-Sept-26 00:08:58

the heating has been on lately, OH feels the cold so much.

Doodledog Fri 11-Sept-26 00:17:24

I haven't put the heating on yet, but I am using the electric blanket in bed. It's definitely getting chilly.

crazyH Fri 11-Sept-26 00:51:56

Heating on for a few days….can’t stand being cold. Food and a warm house are my priorities. Clothes from Asda or Tesco 😂

RosesandLilac Fri 11-Sept-26 01:05:26

I must admit I was considering lighting the wood burner yesterday evening. It’s definitely chilly in the mornings too.
10 tog duvet on the bed so cosy 😊

rosie1959 Fri 11-Sept-26 06:40:17

No need here yet I am in the East of England very mild weather. Don't usually have the heating on until late October

notgran Fri 11-Sept-26 06:42:55

We spent the day on London yesterday. No coats, sandals and lovely sunshine. Heating not yet needed at home and I try to wear my sandals and short sleeves for as long as possible.

Trisha99 Fri 11-Sept-26 07:02:27

rosie1959

No need here yet I am in the East of England very mild weather. Don't usually have the heating on until late October

We’re also in the East of England, it’s lovely here this morning- the sun is breaking through, I’m sitting in the garden with a Lemsip and the dog. She’s watching me like a hawk for the ‘walkies!’ sign smile

Iam64 Fri 11-Sept-26 07:57:00

North west here, definitely autumn, chilly, rainy and grey. My heating is set for 20 and I was pleased it came on yesterday (not all day)

Grammaretto Fri 11-Sept-26 08:04:34

I've had the heating on in the kitchen for a while twice a day and yesterday it came on in the sitting room with the thermostat.

I'm looking forward to my move to a more modern house next month (1965 from 1811) and hopefully much smaller bills as well as warmer.

Shel1951 Fri 11-Sept-26 08:05:03

14 degs here in south west of Ireland, cloudy and grey,,,,a dirty day as they say here

Pilgrimandrew Sun 13-Sept-26 13:43:00

Who on earth puts their heating on in September? It's still summer for goodness sake, man up, move around more or get outside, it's often warmer!

HelterSkelter1 Sun 13-Sept-26 13:53:08

Chilly mornings ... puts me off having a bath. Then today it's quite warm and humid by midday. But by bedtime I am glad I have a winter duvet and a hottie.
No heating yet..mainly as I am awaiting the plumber to sort a problem.

Lupatria Sun 13-Sept-26 13:53:49

no heating on here in dorset. my hive is set to 20 so until the indoor temperature falls below that there'll be no heating. my house is a terraced one and is very well insulated so thankfully my heating bill isn't great.
and because my house is lovely and warm i only use a summer weight duvet all year round.

sandye Sun 13-Sept-26 14:04:42

I think my hubby is trying to kill me!
Put the heating on to 24.5 this morning at 6.30 and went out to his allotment. It was flipping hot.

Frenchgalinspain Sun 13-Sept-26 14:06:32

The Madrid Capital temperatures are between 22 and 24 centigrade degrees.

Heaven on earth ..

Witzend Sun 13-Sept-26 14:08:07

Not here - I’ve just had to take my jumper off. And I wasn’t doing anything energetic.
Grey, cloudy and a bit damp here (outer SW London, temp outside the kitchen window is 23.8).
But as yet none of the much needed rain we were promised today - except for a few half hearted drops earlier.

Greenfinch Sun 13-Sept-26 14:09:35

The temperature here in Berkshire is 22 degrees. Certainly not chilly and no need to put the heating on.

Witzend Sun 13-Sept-26 14:16:38

Frenchgalinspain

The Madrid Capital temperatures are between 22 and 24 centigrade degrees.

Heaven on earth ..

A dd who spent a year at a Madrid university wouldn’t agree with you about its climate! Too bloody hot in summer, and too bloody cold in winter!
Typical continental climate, though, since it’s pretty much in the middle of Spain.

Ali61 Sun 13-Sept-26 14:18:52

I put a long sleeved top on today and crops but have had to change into my linen sleeveless dress and get the fan out again! Got all the windows open - it's too flipping hot here! (Bucks) 🙄