Gransnet forums

Site stuff

SNOWFLAKE EMOTICON

(47 Posts)
Butternut Thu 26-Jan-12 19:18:46

How does everyone feel about having a companion symbol to the sunshine emoticon - a lovely snowflake for chilly, brrrrrr days, snowy days, frosty days, cold, cold days, icy days and just very pretty glistening white days........

sunshine got a great response (72 votes), so if you like the idea of a snowflake to grace and enhance your comments, vote now....... and then perhaps tech might, just might feel able to provide one.

......and snowflakes are very pretty!

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 03-Feb-12 17:37:54

We're not ignoring you on this, we just know that Tech is very swamped at the moment. We will definitely have a think about when they might possibly be able to fit it in.

jeni Fri 03-Feb-12 17:46:52

So long as it doesn't " fall off the stack" Josie. sunshine

Butternut Fri 03-Feb-12 18:20:37

Josie - that would be just wonderful. I let it lie fallow for a while, so I am so VERY pleased that it is more than just a possibility. Thank you!

Butternut Sat 04-Feb-12 18:46:17

BUMP

Stay warm and safe everyone..........

OK josiegransnet - this is now a heartfelt plea for a snowflake EMOTICON

It looks as if we are all going to be inundated, if not already, then very shortly, with millions of snowflakes, so it would be a great way of expressing our 'snowflake' experiences. We are sure to have some!

Just think, if it's up and running, it will be used year after year after year, just like bagitha's new jacket.

Do I have any hope of one????

jeni Sat 04-Feb-12 18:51:03

Please? Pretty please with marshmallows?

Ariadne Sat 04-Feb-12 20:43:03

Please? - sunshine That's minus sunshine.

Butternut Thu 09-Feb-12 09:51:30

Josiegransnet. BUMP.

All our snow crystals are really sharp and sparkling this morning, and I again wondered about the snowflake emoticon. Would love to have used one this morning.

There been so much cold and snow!

Any chance soon??

whatisamashedupphrase Thu 09-Feb-12 09:58:59

They're waiting for the better weather to come Butternut. grin

wink wink for HQ!

glassortwo Thu 09-Feb-12 10:03:15

If its anything like it is up here they will all be stuck in traffic, the whole of the Newcastle and surrounding areas seem to be gridlocked, cars over turned etc etc with the black ice.

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 09-Feb-12 11:26:35

Sorry, folks, didn't see this until now!

We'll do our best, bear with us...

Butternut Thu 09-Feb-12 12:14:54

Thanks josieGransnet - I have fingers crossed in my mittens. My house is still snow-locked, I still have to wear my eye patch because I can't get to see the doc. and she says on the phone I must keep it on.........so a beautiful crystal snowflake would cheer me enormously!
Today I have sunshine and lots of [snowflakes emoticon]. smile

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 09-Feb-12 15:51:08

OK - here's the situation folks. Tech are happy to do this, but they really need to put a cap on the number of emoticons they are producing. With this in mind - they won't be able to create another emoticon for about six months' time.

So, the question is, is this the one emoticon you think you'd like for the next six months?

Bearing in mind we're almost past [snowflake] season, and there may well be calls for [easteregg] and [autumnleaf] in six months' time. And that's not even starting on the non-weather emoticons!

All opinions on this welcomed.

Butternut Thu 09-Feb-12 16:40:29

JosieGransnet

Ok - I'll stop lobbying, as I don't think the snowflake emoticon had a particularly big uptake, so hopefully it will give room to an emoticon which will probably have a wider appeal........

Thanks for considering it.

sad

whatisamashedupphrase Thu 09-Feb-12 17:11:04

Butternut sad

That is very selfless.

(((((hug)))))

smile

jeni Thu 09-Feb-12 17:46:42

Camel with hump then please instead?

Butternut Thu 09-Feb-12 18:04:14

Thanks whatsup - I needed that hug!

There are camels with two humps aren't there jeni - in which case I'll join you!

glassortwo Thu 09-Feb-12 19:09:55

butter start lobbying again around Sept and get it included for next Christmas wink

jeni Sat 11-Feb-12 13:25:38

butter
I think 2 humps is a dromedary?

Daisyanswerdo Sat 11-Feb-12 13:37:27

Bactrian camel two humps - Dromedary one hump. Just put the first letters on their backs. Just the sort of useless information I remember.

Libradi Sat 11-Feb-12 13:39:53

If we're not having the snowflake, could we have a Hug emoticon please josie? I'm sure it must have been asked for before now and I'm sure it would get used a lot.thanks

JessM Sat 11-Feb-12 13:42:40

I think dromedary= 1
Dromedary does have one.
would this be a symbol for "got the hump" ?