Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Glastonbury party!

(442 Posts)
jeni Fri 04-May-12 21:51:46

This is our first anniversary party.
The theme is witches and wonders from " disc world" I'm coming as 'the luggage' if you've ever seen me travelling you'll know whygrin
We start at 7pm!
Get broomsticks, chariots,etc:- charged and arrange lifts!
See you allsmilewine

glassortwo Fri 04-May-12 23:22:09

Ahhh shucks thanks when sunshine knew the tears would work

whenim64 Fri 04-May-12 23:24:48

glass [grin}

glassortwo Fri 04-May-12 23:25:41

Thats me off to bed, need my rest to look after when need to be on my toes, dont want to get into trouble...I will be good,I will be good,I will be good

grin

glammanana Fri 04-May-12 23:40:36

when I forgot to ask was it your feet sticking out behind that sofa last week I never did find out ? I am also off to bed I need my beauty sleep if thats what you can call it,I've had a busy day to-day did belated b'day lunch for mr.g we went to Parkgate for carvary and then for posh icecream,followed by brisk walk down the parade,so I will need plenty of liquid refreshment to-morrow night.

Anne58 Fri 04-May-12 23:42:39

Evening all,

As until recently I have been otherwise occupied, I have never done a party. (Although I seem to remember contributing in rhyme to the panto, but I will have to ask Matron to be sure)

Tell what to do next, but be gentle.

Also please bear in mind that to be on here now means being in my garrett, rather than using the laptop in the kitchen!

Ariadne Sat 05-May-12 06:54:34

Yippeee! Party time. I have a pair of wings this time borrowed from GD3 tailor made by Tinkerbell. Pink. Glittery. Big. Shall fly over before I go to start the other party I'm running, but will be back! Don't let you know who drink everything in sight!

glassortwo Sat 05-May-12 08:20:06

jeni I think I will be Mrs Letice Earwig smile

whenim64 Sat 05-May-12 08:47:34

glass no, it wasn't me under the sofa. You can tell it's my feet by the bunion and the Birkenstocks - always put the flat shoes on if I'm going to be unsteady on my feet! hmm

Just busy at the moment - I dyed a sheet with woad in the washing machine and now all my washing has gone blue! Still, I've got a great costume now, with some (fake) animal skins, a big gold medallion and sandals. Leaving the shield at home, in case it's seen as riot gear. grin grin

Greatnan Sat 05-May-12 09:02:31

I am not sure I can go -you are all too boozy for me! I am down to one glass of rose with my dinner, and even then it is one quarter water.
Well, I suppose I could make an exception for the sake of the wonderful company!
I will wear my wedding outfit and you can all give me your honest opinion.

Annobel Sat 05-May-12 09:31:13

Haven't decided what to wear but if the forecast is right, the furry hat is non-negotiable. Probably thermal leggings and jackboots. grin

glammanana Sat 05-May-12 09:32:28

Greatnan Please come to the party it will be nice to see you we promise to behave in a ladylike manner and not get too strunk (drunk)on our Vodka jellies and such like,we will water down your wine,all the more for us and you will look so glamourous in your outfit,don't be frightened of us as we are all dressing up as witches but you will be able to spot the ringleaders easily I'm sure.grin

Annobel Sat 05-May-12 09:33:59

when- OK you can have a lift to the party and I might even bring you back if you behave... wink

whenim64 Sat 05-May-12 09:35:16

Greatnan the thought of you in your wedding dress is a delight - you must come and join in smile

imjingl Sat 05-May-12 10:32:35

abitsmallbutgoodfordiets

imjingl Sat 05-May-12 10:34:13

willsendDHalong

whenim64 Sat 05-May-12 11:01:18

Don't send him Jingle - he'll get ripped to shreds! grin

whenim64 Sat 05-May-12 11:02:14

Ta Annobel I promise to behave (snigger) grin

soop Sat 05-May-12 11:33:16

when When you promise to misbehave you'll be welcome with open arms. smile wink

whenim64 Sat 05-May-12 11:37:41

Oh, alright soop but don't let on to Annobel or I might not get a lift back! grin

jeni Sat 05-May-12 11:56:04

jingblush. Remember I'm innocent!
Where do you find them?

soop Sat 05-May-12 12:34:50

I may be legless by seven grin...

Anagram Sat 05-May-12 12:42:22

I hope you all realise there will be a Supermoon tonight! wink

soop Sat 05-May-12 12:49:04

Anagram And I shall have a worm's eye view of it wink

whenim64 Sat 05-May-12 13:03:05

'I may be legless by seven' (soop)

That's a little ironic soop considering what you've been through recently! grin grin

Annobel Sat 05-May-12 13:10:45

soop, if you have to go behind a bush this time, would you please ensure that I haven't retired there for a nap? grin wink