Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Glastonbury party!

(442 Posts)
jeni Fri 04-May-12 21:51:46

This is our first anniversary party.
The theme is witches and wonders from " disc world" I'm coming as 'the luggage' if you've ever seen me travelling you'll know whygrin
We start at 7pm!
Get broomsticks, chariots,etc:- charged and arrange lifts!
See you allsmilewine

whenim64 Wed 09-May-12 21:13:06

That's just reminded me of a BBQ we had a few summers ago. My son had his brand new BBQ that had a front panel that looked like the flight deck of the Concord, and a beautiful set of BBQ tools with which to produce sausages and beefburgers (no fish or veg kebabs, just the usual stuff).

Every time he turned over his sausages and put down the spatula on the low shelf, his labrador was lay underneath licking the juices off it until he picked it up and turned them over again. We were all crying laughing and he didn't have a clue. He dished out the burgers and sausages and sat down contentedly to find the dog had slurped half his lager, too grin

I just had a buttered bun with some lettuce on it!

whitewave Wed 09-May-12 21:16:01

I vote dog!

Anagram Wed 09-May-12 21:17:21

Barbecued dog? shock Surely not......

whitewave Wed 09-May-12 21:21:02

anagram

Honestly! Hush your mouth! you know exactly what I mean - vote "Dog for Chef"

jeni Wed 09-May-12 21:30:33

Night all!

whitewave Wed 09-May-12 21:31:32

you are early tonight jeni

good night

glassortwo Wed 09-May-12 21:32:05

Night jeni sleep tight.........is nearly Friday smile

Anagram Wed 09-May-12 21:32:37

Night, jeni! smile

jeni Wed 09-May-12 22:20:27

I can't sleep for worrying about this cat/dog! If it had got singed nibbling the BBQ, that would have Ben his front, not his rear!
I still think somebody? Did him wrong!

Anagram Wed 09-May-12 22:23:41

Don't go there, jeni! That way madness lies.....grin

whitewave Wed 09-May-12 22:25:58

jeni

you are so right I just know someone done him wrong - but I can't get anyone to own up

jeni Wed 09-May-12 22:29:35

I shall start a new thread to vindicate this poor maligned animals name!
Er, I presume it has one?
Probably on Friday when I've finished work!
Now.
GOODNIGHT!

whitewave Wed 09-May-12 22:32:15

Yes his name is Carradine Duncan McTavish

Duncan for short or Ass if he is in a mood

soop Thu 10-May-12 10:55:14

whitewave We had a cat named - Hamish McTavish Walter Sisulu Obediah Cheeky Boy...Ham for short grin

whitewave Thu 10-May-12 10:57:13

That is brilliant! he was nearly a Hamish but Duncan seems to suit him better

soop Thu 10-May-12 11:35:12

whitewave Our Hamish was so special. He was being nursed by a lady in Torquay when we met him for the first time. He was a weedy, scrawny, odd looking kitten who had been dumped in a bin! When we went to collect him [two baskets in the car and several blankets] confused the lady was also nursing a parrot who had plucked out all his feathers, a three-legged and a one-eyed ancient dog. She was a marvel. Hamish grew into a VERY handsome cat. We adored him. By the way, forgot that his name included - 'three sheets' - because he used to like to be dried off with three sheets of kitchen towel when wet. When our granddaughter was small, she used to get confused and would often address him as Hamish three blankets. grin