Gransnet forums

Site stuff

iPad and tablet users

(40 Posts)
GeraldineGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 05-Jul-12 09:35:33

The recent kerfuffle over the longer lines disappearing off people's screens got us wondering about whether accessing Gransnet on an iPad or other tablet raises other issues that we're not aware of. (At GNHQ we mainly work on laptops.)

As part of our mission to make Gransnet as good as possible, it would be useful to find out if there's anything that annoys you about Gransnet on tablets - or indeed that you like.

Please let us know brew

Littlenellie Mon 20-Aug-12 11:59:04

jeni.....emoticon for blank expression ...will have to pass over to the younger members of the household....grin

Ariadne Mon 20-Aug-12 22:20:06

No problems with my iPad! smile

Nanadogsbody Mon 20-Aug-12 23:27:21

Thanks josiegransnet I may boot up the old computer and use that, but would be easier if cn do it direct on the iPad.

Bags Tue 21-Aug-12 06:12:42

Mine is an early iPad (one of the first to arrive in the UK) and doesn't have an inbuilt camera. I store some photos on it but can't access them from my GN profile page.

NfkDumpling Tue 21-Aug-12 07:16:45

Thanks all. That explains why I haven't been able to put photos on. I only look at Gransnet on my iPad. Will use laptop!

Nanadogsbody Tue 21-Aug-12 07:41:14

Does that mean Ariadne that you can put photos on GN direct from you iPad?

jeni Tue 21-Aug-12 08:14:05

I haven't tried on my new one. If somebody reminds me I'll have a go this evening.

Littlenellie Tue 21-Aug-12 08:43:19

Nanna would be lovely if it was that easy....sunshine

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 21-Aug-12 16:46:32

Hi folks,

According to lovely Tech, uploading on iPad and iPhone won't work at the moment because of how Apple works - they don't allow us access to the files stored on their devices.

So until Apple changes their mind about that, the best thing to do is to email them to yourself, which you can then access from a computer, save them and then upload them to Gransnet.

Hope that clears some things up for you!

jeni Tue 21-Aug-12 17:22:55

Well if it is apple, how come I can do it from my MacBook pro?

Ariadne Tue 21-Aug-12 21:36:58

nana No, I have to go to the PC to do that, and for FB mostly too. jeni, now, has THE most up to date IPad and can probably do anything on it. (Retracts statement immediately before you lot start getting suggestive.)

Nanadogsbody Wed 22-Aug-12 17:17:28

Hi Josie did just that. smile. Too late Ariadne can't retract, damage done!

Ariadne Wed 22-Aug-12 17:22:05

Oh, OK then! grin

jeni Wed 22-Aug-12 17:24:53

Still can't do it from iPad, even the new one!sad