Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Anyone else very slow?

(35 Posts)
Lona Mon 20-Jan-14 19:47:32

Is it just me?
All day today, whenever I'm on the Active page and I click a thread title, the Gransnet banner comes up and the headings list across the page, and then it's just blank for a while before the threads suddenly appear.
It's never done it before.
hmm confused

Ana Mon 20-Jan-14 20:09:44

It's not happening to me...[confusing]

Ana Mon 20-Jan-14 20:10:11

Confusing??? confused

Lona Mon 20-Jan-14 21:13:41

confused It must be my age wink

Ana Mon 20-Jan-14 21:25:30

And mine! grin

POGS Mon 20-Jan-14 21:28:52

Lona

Sorry did not see your thread. I have just set one up on Chat as I am having problems posting albeit intermittently. confused

HQ say there have been no reports but I wonder if that means we are unique. grin

Galen Mon 20-Jan-14 21:29:34

Same problem here

POGS Mon 20-Jan-14 21:37:55

galen

No wish to be rude or take over this thread but could you clarify if you mean slow or trouble posting. Need to ask as I am not computer genius and don't know whether to ask for daughters help you see.

Thanks

Agus Mon 20-Jan-14 21:54:09

Finding it slow to get on to active plus screen freezing ie, can't scroll up or down. Now that I have typed this, can't scroll down to post! Grrrr.

Agus Mon 20-Jan-14 21:57:18

Just tried to post and it's disappeared confused

Agus Mon 20-Jan-14 22:02:51

It has now appeared!

merlotgran Mon 20-Jan-14 22:05:39

I have the same problem. It started a couple of weeks ago and my daughter told me to ditch Internet Explorer and install Google Chrome. I did this and the problem was solved immediately but two days ago I had an automatic update (the sort that appears when you shut down at night.) The next day it was back again. I can scroll on gransnet but only if I control it carefully or else it whizzes around all over the place. When I log in to my bank I can get in OK but can't enter the memorable information because the scroll facility has frozen.

Glad I'm not the only one but it's infuriating.

newist Mon 20-Jan-14 22:09:36

Just checking, Firefox seems OK.

Lona Mon 20-Jan-14 22:16:06

Not a problem posting, just the thread part of the page being blank for a while and then suddenly appearing.

durhamjen Mon 20-Jan-14 22:34:58

Whenever I try to post a message, it seems to take forever. I copy it, go off onto another page then paste it back in. Sometimes it works the second time. Sometimes I just give up.

Agus Mon 20-Jan-14 22:44:15

I have the same problem sometimes when scrolling on gransnet merlot, I have to use all fingers and force the screen up or down.

It is infuriating and I just log off when it happens.

Ana Mon 20-Jan-14 22:45:51

It does seem to be a problem with individual internet providers/computers. Not Gransnet.

merlotgran Mon 20-Jan-14 23:01:09

I thought I'd cracked it when I got rid of Internet Explorer but Google Chrome only lasted a fortnight before the problems came back. confused

ninathenana Mon 20-Jan-14 23:11:35

No trouble at all on my phone. <famous last words>

Marelli Tue 21-Jan-14 07:42:14

Merlotgran, I had to contact my bank yesterday, because of the same problem (not able to scroll down the memorable information). The chap I spoke to told me to use Internet Explorer, typing in my bank's name (www. etc) and go from there. Chrome had developed a fault which had created all sorts of problems. Hope this helps.

Sewsilver Tue 21-Jan-14 08:33:12

I still can't stay logged in to Gransnet on my iPad despite ticking the box. Am also slow but I think that's me

KatGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 21-Jan-14 08:48:42

Hi there - we've asked tech to take a look at this, but it might well be that the page is taking a while to load, which is why it goes blank before the text appearing.

Dragonfly1 Tue 21-Jan-14 09:12:12

I can't stay logged in on my iPad either, Sewsilver, although I can on my iPhone.

Lona Tue 21-Jan-14 09:15:21

Thanks Kat.

Lona Sat 25-Jan-14 17:49:58

My computer is running really well at the moment, I'm not having trouble on any other sites, but Gransnet is getting increasingly erratic.

It can take ages (or not) to load each thread.
Sometimes the banner at the top is white and just the Gnet square is showing.
Sometimes I click on a thread title and just get buffering for ages, until I click again and then it loads in an instant!

I don't think this is my computer or my internet provider.

Anyone else?