Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Why don't we stop reporting the trolls?

(60 Posts)
jinglbellsfrocks Thu 03-Jul-14 11:20:51

Can't we just argue them into the ground in our inimitable fashion? Instead of running to teacher at the first sign of trouble?

Nonu Thu 03-Jul-14 22:25:35

I just love that expression "bits of kids" it is so very old fashioned !

I used to say it to mine & of course as they grew older , started to resent it & moaned like heck !

HollyDaze Thu 03-Jul-14 22:38:59

I've never reported any poster on any forum - I've been tempted if they use bad language but that does seem to be the norm on a lot of forums so I didn't bother and just learned to put up with it.

Trolls and WUMs get bored if you ignore them.

Dragonfly1 Thu 03-Jul-14 22:54:29

What's a WUM?

Faye Thu 03-Jul-14 23:10:08

I agree vegasmags but I don't think some others are listening.

Please don't give trolls oxygen, don't argue with them. Ignore their posts otherwise you are encouraging them to keep coming back. Virtually step over their comments and keep on with the original discussion and they will eventually lose interest.

Aka Thu 03-Jul-14 23:10:33

Wind Up Merchant.

Aka Thu 03-Jul-14 23:12:02

That's good advice in general too Faye ...ignore them they'll soon go away.

merlotgran Thu 03-Jul-14 23:18:49

They can't stand being ignored so IGNORE THEM

Anne58 Thu 03-Jul-14 23:28:27

The thing is, some of them don't actually post things that one can argue with, if you know what I mean?

If it was anything controversial or contentious, then yes, of course anyone could post a response that perhaps challenged that or offered another opinion, but the posts I have in mind don't allow that or facilitate that sort of response.

Aka Fri 04-Jul-14 06:44:54

Then everybody leave the thread.