Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Dear GNHQ

(49 Posts)
jinglbellsfrocks Fri 08-Aug-14 21:58:45

I wonder if I could ask you a question which has been puzzling me for a while. Well, since yesterday, I think.

When I used, on occasion, got the registration removal page, it said something like, "If you delete your registration you won't be able to post. Of course, you can rejoinder later if you change your mind.

It no longer says the bit about being welcome to rejoin at a later date.

Does this mean a change of policy? If we leave and then a week or two later want to come back, do we now gave to send a humbly worded plea for forgiveness, and beg a return to the fold?

If the policy has changed here, has it changed "Over There" as well?

Nonnie Sat 09-Aug-14 11:52:54

kitty not a bear just someone who takes things on face value and doesn't look for trouble. smile

Yes, I agree some do make it pretty obvious who they were in a previous incarnation as POGS says and I wonder why they bothered. If a person is no longer blue then that makes me think they needed to change their name for personal reasons and I think we would all respect that.

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 09-Aug-14 12:36:15

"Yes, I agree some do make it pretty obvious who they were in a previous incarnation as POGS says and I wonder why they bothered."

I've already told you why!!! hmm

<<tears hair and goes out to feed her face>>

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 09-Aug-14 12:38:02

I only started this to get a rise out of give JulieGn something to do. smile

She is ignoring. grin

Terrafirma1 Sat 09-Aug-14 12:44:36

So all a bit pointless really hmm

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 09-Aug-14 12:55:02

What d'you think? hmm

Anyway, no one forced you onto the thread. Can't see that you've made any sensible comments.

Cheery little love are n't you? smile

POGS Sat 09-Aug-14 12:55:54

Jingle

You really don't know when you are onto a winner do you.

You have a knack of turning on a sixpence and making those who agree with your view look silly, why do you bother. Infact why does any of us bother if you don't want a response to your thread without giving you the opportunity to HAVE THE LAST B_---Y word.

Peace. [dove emoticon]

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Sat 09-Aug-14 15:20:06

Afternoon,

What I find annoying is when a poster changes name after you have had time to 'get to know' their style, views and have taken the time to debate with them but sense they have returned under another name.

This is part of the reason we don't allow name changes. We do, however, allow them under special circumstances, such as when anonymity is a worry.

In answer to your question jingl, we haven't changed our policy about rejoining (not sure why that bit of that page has changed hmm), but we definitely don't encourage de-registrations followed by re-registrations just for the purpose of a name change. Happy Saturday all! brew cupcake

Terrafirma1 Sat 09-Aug-14 16:44:48

Oo-er missus!
Didn't realise you had to be invited to contribute to a thread! Not to put too fine a point on it but somebody is being bl***y rude and needs to lay off throwing their toys out of the pram.
Sensible comments? There have been some but none from the OP.

POGS Sat 09-Aug-14 17:01:25

Lucy

You have taken a sentence from my post of 10.55 today and I would like to point out that I am confused by your answer. Not a big deal but if you 'allow' a poster to change his/her name for anonymity I think I am confused as to why a poster declared his/her name has changed confused.

I stand by my post where I did say I think it is perfectly in order to change your name for personal reasons so I am a bit surprised that you pick that sentence out amongst the other posts.

Hey ho. [cake]. wine. Not brew. I am now in Happy Hour mode.

LucyGransnet (GNHQ) Sat 09-Aug-14 17:38:54

Hi POGS, that one sentence was just particularly representative of why we don't allow name changes, but I take your point that your personal view is in favour of them being allowed.

In the case of posters declaring their name changes, it's worth keeping in mind the fact that members sometimes de-register and re-register, rather than requesting a name change from us.

POGS Sat 09-Aug-14 18:05:03

Lucy

You should be a politician. grin. Thank you wine. wine

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 09-Aug-14 18:15:51

POGS!!! shock

I haven't turned on any sixpence! And I wouldn't ewant to make amyone look silly. Certainly not one of the few posters who seems to be pretty well on my wavelength!

You've got to admit though. It isn't that serious a subject. And I have got a slightly grasshopper brain. smile

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 09-Aug-14 18:23:13

I just want need to know where I stand if I get in a huff and bugger off again. Will I be able to re-join, or not.

Simple as that.

And there can be nothing wrong with changing your name to "Orlakieleyhandbags" for a couple of hours on a name change thread, just to have a bit of a laugh. Which is what started this all off. (I pointed out in my email to HQ that I would want to change back to jinglebellfrocks shortly.

Stuffed shirts, I reckon. hmm #nofunallowedongransnet

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 09-Aug-14 18:24:20

Why is/was fun allowed on Mumsnet, but not on here? confused

POGS Sat 09-Aug-14 18:25:19

You'll be 'standing' in the corner young lady, that's where you'll be.

grin

POGS Sat 09-Aug-14 18:28:37

Sod it now I've had the last word, look what you've done. grin. grin

Tegan Sat 09-Aug-14 18:35:08

Maybe, just maybe, HQ are trying to prevent well weird people from easily rejoining [and we've had a few of those lately]. Don't see what all the fuss is about confused.

Lona Sat 09-Aug-14 18:36:25

I must admit that I've always found it strange that on Mnet they seem to change their names at will.

Terrafirma1 Sat 09-Aug-14 18:43:05

Much ado about nothing IMHO!

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 09-Aug-14 18:55:59

I just want a straight answer to my very simple question.

(which I am asking of HQ. Not the earthly one)

Terrafirma1 Sat 09-Aug-14 18:58:26

As you seem to enjoy a ding dong, have you ever been Dingdongbells?

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 09-Aug-14 19:04:26

Not that I remember. confused

I might have forgotten.

jinglbellsfrocks Sat 09-Aug-14 19:06:04

Oh!!!

You could be suggesting a name-change!

No. Thank you, but I wouldn't like that one. smile

I would hate to lose "jinglbellsfrocks".