Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Your favourite brands

(110 Posts)
CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 20-Feb-18 17:57:09

We are constantly looking at the way we work with brands and thought it might be useful to ask which ones you like best, why, and what you would tell them they were doing right/wrong if you had the chance. We would also love to know about any products you particularly like from your favourite brands too

Urmstongran Wed 21-Feb-18 10:12:30

Your list made me giggle gmelon because you had listed all that chocolate & sweets..... and your list item was loo roll!
??

mabon1 Wed 21-Feb-18 10:19:52

VanDal shoes are brilliant, get them online in sale

moorlikeit Wed 21-Feb-18 10:20:36

I try to shop ethically and the latest challenge is to avoid palm oil or at least any that is not labelled "responsibly sourced" or "certified sustainable palm oil". The devastation of the rain forests will affect all of humanity in the future and it is only consumer power that can prevent a disaster.
Having researched this recently I am now now avoiding Cadbury's (owned by Mondelez International) and Thorntons. I now favour shopping at more ethically minded supermarkets: M&S , Sainsburys, Waitrose and the Co-operative.
For helpful guidelines see this link:
www.rainforestfoundationuk.org/media.ashx/rf-palm-oil-guide-update-v3.pdf

gerry86 Wed 21-Feb-18 10:21:40

Another Lakeland fan here, and totally agree with janeainsworth about Miele vacuum cleaners, they are great. Love Warburton's bread and crumpets too.

henetha Wed 21-Feb-18 10:24:12

I agree. The only crumpets worth eating are Warburtons.
They are yummy.

Madsad Wed 21-Feb-18 10:25:24

PG tips, no other will do
No7 face creams
M&S trifle
Jo Malone perfumes

blueberry1 Wed 21-Feb-18 10:35:37

Reiker shoes,Galaxy chocolate(much nicer than Cadburys IMO),Yeo Valley,Paco Rabanne perfume and Nivea face creams.

littleflo Wed 21-Feb-18 10:36:39

My favourite shop is Wilko for budget buys, vast range and friendly staff. I like Lakeland, Ecco Shoes, Waitrose and Uniqlo. I don’t need any other shops.

Mapleleaf Wed 21-Feb-18 10:46:11

I'm a Lakeland fan, too.
Heinz beans & soups
Lurpak
Dyson cordless vacuum
Thornton chocs
Jelly babies - Bassetts
Twining English breakfast tea & Darjeeling tea.
Panasonic breadmaker
I'm sure there are other brands too, but these are the ones that come to mind for now!

HannahLoisLuke Wed 21-Feb-18 10:47:30

Amazon and EBay for everything under the sun
Groupon for great discounts
Gtec cordless vac
Karcher window vac
Orla Kiely sage and lavender hand wash and hand cream, divine.
Lots of others I can't recall just now.

inishowen Wed 21-Feb-18 10:49:20

I'm a knitter and I love the yarn that Poundstretchers sell.

Lindylo Wed 21-Feb-18 10:50:20

Like many others it's Lakeland for me and Hobbycraft for inspiration

gillybob Wed 21-Feb-18 10:53:38

My 2 favourite catalogues at the moment are Mothercare and Mamas and Papas.....smile

Favourite Brands include Joules, White Stuff, Seasalt, Next (Home), Elmlea (Cream), Aldi, Boots No.7 (serums).......

Nannyknee Wed 21-Feb-18 10:55:45

Nespresso
Fever tree tonic
Rhubarb Gin
NOT M AND S CLOTHES
M & S Meal deals

Nanny41 Wed 21-Feb-18 11:00:54

Lakeland for me, I love to wander arond their flagship store in Windermere its like a dream come true.
Persil
Cadburys chocolate
Sketchers with memory foam, its like walking on air.

Luckylegs Wed 21-Feb-18 11:01:12

My Miele washing machine, so clever it even rejects any coins, screws etc my DH leaves in pockets
Fever tree tonic
Most food from Aldi and M and S
M and S meal deals
Rieker shoes/boots
Oh I could go on, I just love shopping of any description!

schnackie Wed 21-Feb-18 11:03:38

Aldi - for almost everything! I am lucky to live within walking distance so everything possible is from there. My only complaint about their own brand, is dishwashing soap, so I buy Fairy Liquid when I am near another store.

luzdoh Wed 21-Feb-18 11:03:48

Lidle
The Co-op down the road because the staff are so lovely
and Gabor shoes and boots - get them in the sale, recently bought ankle boots for under £40!

Margs Wed 21-Feb-18 11:17:30

Campbells, of course!

Thank the Lord for condensed soups......

Shesanana Wed 21-Feb-18 11:17:53

Skechers Go Walk shoes - so comfy
Captain Morgans Spiced Rum - so delicious
Warburtons white Toaster loaf - so yummy
eBay - if you can’t find it there you don’t really need it
Google - it has the answer to almost everything
YouTube - it shows me how to...change my printer cartridge, use and fit the attachments on my vacuum cleaner, put the SIM card in my new phone.....

GrannyParker Wed 21-Feb-18 11:25:55

I also love Lakeland, after using probably most cleaning products with limited success, I discovered they do a gadget that you shove down the plug hole and out comes all the horrible stuff, hair etc. Now I don’t stand in a puddle in the shower. And their Oven Mate is fantastic.

Benefit cosmetics tinted lip balm, wouldn’t be without it, and I would have to go into therapy if Molton Brown stopped doing shower gel.

Does anyone else long for the return of Tova Signature perfume.

floorflock Wed 21-Feb-18 11:30:50

Lakeland is brilliant
Seasalt, the coats I have from them have such large useful pockets.
Pavers boots which I buy again and again
Rohan
As already mentioned I also spend quite a bit of time in Home Bargains & Wilko as both are good value

Kim19 Wed 21-Feb-18 11:35:15

Alfred Dunner and Land's end float my boat.

oldgaijin Wed 21-Feb-18 11:41:35

Lakeland
Aldi for their German ham
Lidl jams, especially apricot
Hotter shoes
M&S knickers, very substantial....
Davidstow cheddar
otherwise I have no brand loyalty.

kittylester Wed 21-Feb-18 11:44:23

Actually, there are a fair few of us who would like to test GF products [selfishly] and other Free From products.

I was in Asda the other day and spotted GF sausage rolls so I bought them, fully prepared to ditch them if the were no good. They were more than acceptable blush