Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Has Gransnet changed for the worse?

(138 Posts)
mcem Sat 09-Mar-19 09:03:44

I know I'm not alone in thinking that, on thread after thread, the ethos of GN has changed significantly.

Brexit, immigration, benefits are just some of the topics that attract nasty, xenophobic, cruel posts from newer right-wing posters.

These days I tend to leave a GN browsing session feeling thoroughly disheartened that these posters are probably also grandparents who may have real influence over innocent or gullible minds.

Gonegirl Sun 10-Mar-19 22:36:15

moon

absent Mon 11-Mar-19 04:55:20

No, it is frequently still lively and often interesting, but I am surprised by the number of puerile games. However, I understand that some people want to play them even if I don't.

Jalima1108 Mon 11-Mar-19 12:49:13

What was me at the beginning of what anno?

The chocolates thread Gonegirl!

Gonegirl Mon 11-Mar-19 12:52:24

What's my choccies got to do with anything? Totally confused now.

Jalima1108 Mon 11-Mar-19 12:53:15

Too much sugar.

Gonegirl Mon 11-Mar-19 12:53:37

But that was definitely me at the beginning of the chocolates thread. I put my hands up. I received, and kept, and ate unpaid for box of chocccies.

Gonegirl Mon 11-Mar-19 12:54:26

I Jalima is totally confusing everybody now.

Gonegirl Mon 11-Mar-19 12:54:41

not my fault

Jalima1108 Mon 11-Mar-19 12:55:46

These days I tend to leave a GN browsing session feeling thoroughly disheartened that these posters are probably also grandparents who may have real influence over innocent or gullible minds
I've been in charge of the DGC for a couple of days too!
shock

Gonegirl Mon 11-Mar-19 12:55:52

I don't think anno means that. grin grin grin

Naughty anno.

rosecarmel Mon 11-Mar-19 13:56:50

When upset, like seething upset, I type, highlight, then hit delete- I feel better for getting whatever off my chest and for not burdening others with having to read my scathing comments-

Have I always done that? No!

It's possible to be honest without being mean- But even the kindest of comments can be taken as injury by individuals whose views tend to be set in stone at any given moment- However, once an idea is presented, the reader has no choice other than to take it into consideration- As a result their solidified ideas might soften over time -- if they are open to change-

rosecarmel Mon 11-Mar-19 14:02:48

It's a good time of year the year for eggs- smile

A local vineyard is holding an adult egg hunt- No idea if the eggs are chocolate or chicken ..