Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Only my opinion

(36 Posts)
phoenix Sun 23-Jun-19 18:30:34

And no doubt I will be shot down in flames but apart from a few things (*Soops*) for example, GN recently seems to be weighted to games threads, all in SHOUTY CAPITALS or politics or estrangement sad

Jangran99 Sun 23-Jun-19 23:53:15

Where are you looking phoenix ? On the 'Active' listof 52 threads I found 3 games titles in SHOUTY CAPITALS.

Luckylegs Sun 23-Jun-19 23:56:28

I must be really dim, I can’t find any red arrow to click! I need to get rid of all the games threads!

POGS Mon 24-Jun-19 00:06:26

www.gransnet.com/forums/ask_a_gran/1257994-Games-threads-fill-the-active-list-sometimesy

Good tips here for 'hiding' the games threads.

ninathenana Mon 24-Jun-19 06:29:10

Luckylegs on the mobile site top right.

Sorry it's actually a white arrow in a red circle.

Calendargirl Mon 24-Jun-19 10:15:38

Thanks for advice how to hide threads. I only use I pad and like other posters, didn’t realise had to go on mobile site. Sorted!

humptydumpty Mon 24-Jun-19 14:28:55

I'm on a PC - how do I get to the mobile site please?

humptydumpty Mon 24-Jun-19 14:53:24

OK found it folks (duh!)

PamelaJ1 Mon 24-Jun-19 15:20:09

Thank you.
It took a while but I think I’ve got it.

Luckylegs Mon 24-Jun-19 23:18:38

Thank you, thank you, I’ve got it now! It has to be done on a mobile! I’ve got rid of quite a lot of them but some I seem to have done six times but they just won’t hide!

There seems to be a lot of us having to do this, why can’t we just ‘hide’ the Games thread altogether or again, keep them all together somewhere, just not on the active list all the time?

notentirelyallhere Tue 25-Jun-19 01:02:51

I've been mostly lurking but occasionally posting on GN for about 10 years. I think there has been a change of sorts which echoes changes 'out there'. We are now living in a deeply divided, politically unled country with a depressing future ahead of us unless you're a Pollyanna who doesn't read beyond the headlines in your favourite newspaper.

Social media has encouraged argument and enabled anonymity, is it any wonder that GN has followed the trend. I never look at the games threads but I imagine they are a haven of sanity. The estrangement threads are full of unhappy, misunderstood, often angry people who want support more than anything else and one person's truth may well be seen as an attack by the recipient and who is to say who is right, or indeed, if there is a right answer! Best to just read what you're interested in and ignore the rest.