Gransnet forums

Site stuff

And now, can we please talk about something else?

(44 Posts)
grandtanteJE65 Sun 22-Mar-20 14:23:42

I realise that the coronavirus is on peoples' minds, but we seem to talk about nothing else.

This, I honestly believe, makes people more scared, and some of the remarks are frankly nasty.

It should be possible to find something more cheerful to discuss.

Could you not limit coronavirus related threads to two a day?

merlotgran Sun 22-Mar-20 14:26:07

No thank you. I don't want to be 'limited' by anyone. If you don't like the threads about coronavirus you don't have to read them.

We have been chatting about cheerful things but they kind of meander back to CV because that's what is on everyone's mind.

SueDonim Sun 22-Mar-20 14:40:09

No need to censor us. Just hide the threads you don’t want to read.

BlueBelle Sun 22-Mar-20 14:47:17

I agree with you grandtante but others want to talk about nothing else so up to them we just need to ‘walk on by’

EllanVannin Sun 22-Mar-20 14:48:43

Well that's you told, Grandtante.

Between cooking my dinner I'm watching---for the umpteenth time--Tilly Trotter on the Drama channel as I've forgotten parts of it with watching so many of them, they start rolling into one being similar to each other aye lad, lass.

Bellanonna Sun 22-Mar-20 15:14:09

Totally agree Grandtante.

SalsaQueen Sun 22-Mar-20 16:01:15

The weather here (Nottingham) is glorious today. I've got washing on the line, the back door is open, the cat is sunning himself on the patio, and everywhere is quiet. Lovely.

pinkquartz Sun 22-Mar-20 16:05:24

Don't be silly OP please.

I have to deal with lots of issues arising from this Virus and including not seeing my family.
Why shouldn't we discuss this .
You can always ignore threads you know.

Fiachna50 Sun 22-Mar-20 17:14:23

I just take a break from the Coronavirus threads if it gets too much.

suziewoozie Sun 22-Mar-20 17:31:45

For gods sake - if you don’t like it just go away - disconnect whatever, I’m trying to be polite but your post was completely pathetic, smug and self centred. You’ve got form for this

Bellanonna Sun 22-Mar-20 17:37:33

Such sweetness and light ?

mcem Sun 22-Mar-20 17:42:17

Shades of 'If we ignore it it may just go away!'
Sand, heads and ostriches spring to mind!

Oldwoman70 Sun 22-Mar-20 17:45:18

Yes those who don't want to CONTINUALLY talk about covid 19 can just ignore the threads - just as those who DO want to talk about it can ignore this thread - or does it only work one way?

Greymar Sun 22-Mar-20 17:56:14

What would you like to talk about? Start up something interesting maybe.

EllanVannin Sun 22-Mar-20 18:13:14

Tilly Trotter's still going on. It's been a 4 hour film, from 2pm to 6.05
I've thoroughly enjoyed my dinner in between time.

It's ended now with Tilly going into her master's bed to keep him company.

Last of the Summer Wine now----from the beginning by the look of things when Compo was alive. That man wasn't bad looking in his younger years--Bill Owen was in loads of old black and white films.

eazybee Sun 22-Mar-20 18:20:54

To be frank, there isn' t much else to talk about; coronavirus dominates global news as well as national news, and not much else is happening at present.

SarahCGransnet (GNHQ) Sun 22-Mar-20 18:47:14

Hi, thanks for posting. We know that the huge amount of coronavirus news can be overwhelming, and we totally understand why some of you might want to see less of it. However, our forums are reflective of what our users are talking about, and we don't chose, or censor what people are discussing. Thanks, GNHQ.

grandtanteJE65 Mon 23-Mar-20 12:25:40

I knew you wouldn't all agree with me, but it is getting difficult to find anything else on gransnet these days.

And it gets depressing reading all the moans and groans.

Most of you have sensibly decided to stay away from other people, so have I, but there is plenty of things to do on your own.

Greymar Mon 23-Mar-20 12:30:27

What are your interests? I would like to discuss Art, theatre, books, wine and packets of Pringles.

Greymar Mon 23-Mar-20 12:30:27

What are your interests? I would like to discuss Art, theatre, books, wine and packets of Pringles.

Rufus2 Mon 23-Mar-20 12:39:37

we don't chose, or censor what people are discussing.

Pardon? hmm

suziewoozie Mon 23-Mar-20 12:51:11

Anyone can start a thread on anything grand so stop moaning and do so.

Opal Mon 23-Mar-20 12:51:45

Hmm, yes, my thought too Rufus!

Curlywhirly Mon 23-Mar-20 13:51:32

Well a part of me is in my element - being a sad person that quite likes washing and ironing, this gorgeous weather is very welcome; for one thing I am a real sun worshipper (with sun protection of course), also, the sunshine means I can wash all those things that have been waiting for such a day: cushion covers, washable mats, feather/down jacket, dog's bedding, oh, I could go on and on. Am off now to sit in the garden and get some rayssunshine

fatgran57 Tue 24-Mar-20 00:58:02

Pardon indeed Rufus confused