Gransnet forums

Site stuff

NB There are men on Gransnet

(157 Posts)
kittylester Tue 07-Jul-20 17:34:23

Please note everyone!

Please stop saying things like ' thank you ladies'.

Rufus2 Thu 16-Jul-20 13:20:30

There was a song called Rambling Rose, Were you quoting from that, Rufus ?
Elegran Me again! smile Yes, but sorry, I gave you a bum steer about Julie London; I must be getting old because I confused things with another favourite song "I'm glad there is you" by Julie which I was also watching; Natalie Cole has a version of that, although a bit too jazzy!
The best version so far, IMO is by "The Romantic Voices", which always "gets me"!

In this world of ordinary people
I'm glad there is you
In this world of overrated pleasures
And underrated treasures
I'm glad there is you
Beautifully sung! and No! That's not a flirt! blush
Good Health
OoRoo

Purplepixie Thu 16-Jul-20 13:26:30

I don’t have any problems with men being on this site and I welcome their points of view.

Rufus2 Thu 16-Jul-20 13:40:36

What a lovely tribute to him to take his name
Furret Thank you! I still try to live up to be the wonderful person he thought I was.! grin

But do you really refrigerate red wine?
Of course not! We're more couth than that; always served at room temp, unless it's 35+C, then we switch to "coldies" which are beers straight out of the frig. and then we're not too fussed about which brand! XXXX or whatever! confused
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

dustyangel Thu 16-Jul-20 15:48:32

Furret do you really refrigerate red wine? At around 11 o’clock this morning a box of good Portuguese red wine went in the fridge next to the remains of the previous box. It was 33°C then.

Davidhs Fri 17-Jul-20 16:11:04

I’ve had chilled red wine in Brisbane, when it’s 35c couthness goes out of the window, I’m not too keen on XXXX these days.

Callistemon Fri 17-Jul-20 16:12:18

Some reds are better chilled.
Pinot Noir is one.