Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Problem with posting in an existing thread

(39 Posts)
ChrissyR Sat 05-Sep-20 19:12:26

Hi, I only joined yesterday and I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong but I don’t seem to be able to add my post to an existing thread. I read the instructions and it says to click on ‘add comment’ which I’m doing but my post is just coming up separately and not where I wanted it to go. Hope someone can help. ChrissyR

JackyB Mon 07-Sep-20 11:48:48

(Sorry about multiple posts)

If you click on the little arrow at the top of the thread on the mobile site, it says "Add Post". Where does it say "Add Comment"?

Either way, all those commends do the same thing!

dustyangel Mon 07-Sep-20 12:01:25

Thank you as always Elegran I’ve been on GN several years and this is the first I ever I’ve used the add comment facility hmm smile

dustyangel Mon 07-Sep-20 12:04:01

Maybe not on mobile site JackyB.

ChrissyR Mon 07-Sep-20 17:02:03

Thanks everyone. I’ve now started doing the username with asterisks when I reply to posts.

Callistemon Mon 07-Sep-20 17:34:40

ChrissyR

Thanks everyone. I’ve now started doing the username with asterisks when I reply to posts.

ChrissyR

I did notice that someone (nor a regular poster as far as I know) got quite annoyed when someone highlighted their name in a reply to their post!

But it is a usual way of addressing another poster.

Blinko Mon 07-Sep-20 20:50:39

I too remember when we received Notifications when someone commented on a thread we were already on. I have raised it with the GN IT team but they seem to have changed so no one knows what I'm on about. I was reassured to see some people remembered it.

Marydoll Wed 09-Sep-20 22:20:28

My tablet keeps switching between the desktop and mobile sites. It's driving me crazy.

MawB2 Fri 11-Sep-20 08:28:41

I am being deluged with emails telling me “Somebody has commented on the thread” - what thread? Why should I need to know? My email inbox is groaning under the weight.
I have had to unsubscribe to any emails (which I assume will include PM’s) to stop this!

Marydoll Fri 11-Sep-20 08:32:02

I'm not getting those messages, Maw, but then again I haven't had any PMs either!

Charleygirl5 Fri 11-Sep-20 08:42:52

I am never told via email that somebody has commented but 99% of the time I am told if somebody has PMed me which I do appreciate.

MawB2 Fri 11-Sep-20 09:01:05

Twenty minutes later I get another three.
Enough, already!
I have never had these before and realise it is a glitch, but a very annoying one!

Elegran Fri 11-Sep-20 09:06:05

Have you done something to annoy them at GNHQ, MawB?

NatashaGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 11-Sep-20 17:20:37

Hi all,

Just to say that we have turned off these email notifications alerting you when someone has posted on a thread you're watching, while we investigate this issue with the multiple emails. smile