Gransnet forums

Site stuff

‘Mobile site‘ option has disappeared for me.

(33 Posts)
SueDonim Wed 09-Sep-20 17:37:59

I usually read GN using the mobile site option. It’s suddenly reverted to the standard site and now I can’t find the mobile site option, which used to be right at the bottom of the page.

I’ve tried logging out and back in but that hasn’t worked. Any ideas? Thanks!

annep1 Thu 17-Sep-20 14:59:22

I can't get desktop, which I prefer.

rosecarmel Thu 17-Sep-20 17:33:30

Imagine that .. This morning was solely Desktop, no options, no privacy settings, and this afternoon it's back to solely Mobile, no options, Privacy Settings options have reappeared-

What's lovely is that the ads are barely noticeable .. almost tiny in size .. No, it's not my device- Ads are only tiny on this host site- smile

rosecarmel Thu 17-Sep-20 17:40:02

LaraGransnet

Hi all, this is a glitch but yes our tech team is working on it. If you do want to switch in the meantime these links should help:
Desktop: www.gransnet.com/version-choice?page=/forums&p=p&v=desktop
Mobile: www.gransnet.com/version-choice?page=/forums&p=p&v=mobile

In future please do email us on contactus if we haven't responded on a thread like this. Or report it to us. We don't read every thread so it's easily missed. Thank you! smile

I thought it would be convenient to carry the above Link over to the next page-

rosecarmel Fri 18-Sep-20 03:22:33

Bump

JackyB Fri 18-Sep-20 08:41:18

BlueBelle

Exactly and without that option I cannot clean up my newsfeed which is full of games I want to get rid of
I m staying on mobile which is fine but without changing to desktop how can I clean the newsfeed up ???

I can't do it in desktop mode and change to mobile mode on my laptop to delete threads. So if I tell you how to do it on the mobile site, can you show me on the desktop site?

At the top right of a thread there is a little white "v" (or downwards arrow) in a little red square. This opens up a menu with, among others, the command "hide discussion". Click on that and the thread is no longer included when you return to Actve.

As for the techies knowing how to code -that isn't even necessary as they simply have to reinstate the code that was there before. As I said in the other thread - why fix it if it ain't broke?

rosecarmel Fri 18-Sep-20 11:55:33

This morning default is desktop, no options, no privacy settings-

As far as fixing what isn't broke, my guess is gransnet needs to generate money from ads-

This debacle began after privacy settings were tweaked-

rosecarmel Fri 18-Sep-20 13:09:36

And it's back to Mobile ..