Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Anyone else having trouble sending PMs?

(122 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Baggs Sat 13-Feb-21 12:50:53

I need to contact someone with some important news but don't seem to be able to send PMs. Is anyone else having a problem?

BlueBelle Mon 22-Feb-21 09:00:11

fanny@ are you sure you’re not one of ‘them’ you always have so much inside info ??

Marydoll Mon 22-Feb-21 09:12:57

BlueBelle, much as I would like to, I can't, don't drink, but I am living in a surreal world at present!*

I was replying to muse further up, who made a comment about meet ups. Then again, perhaps I imagined it! blush

Charleygirl5 Mon 22-Feb-21 09:17:16

Marydoll I am afraid meetups happened in another world. You did not imagine it but it was a long time ago.

Marydoll Mon 22-Feb-21 09:23:56

Thankyou, Charleygirl, I'm reassured I'm not going mad! grin

FannyCornforth Mon 22-Feb-21 09:24:40

BlueBelle eh? What did Mary say 'wrong'? I'm really confused now!

Marydoll Mon 22-Feb-21 09:25:25

????? Join the club, Fanny!!!!!

JackyB Mon 22-Feb-21 09:31:46

What I can't understand when this sort of thing happens is, how and why? It was working perfectly well so why did anything need to be tampered with? Any changes wouldn't have been an improvement on the status quo, so - how, why?

If it ain't broke....

Mollygo Mon 22-Feb-21 09:39:02

JackyB if it ain’t broke??
That’s so true, but they weren’t fixing it but ‘improving’ it!

Mollygo Mon 22-Feb-21 09:40:19

Or possibly they had a ‘what does this do?’ person on duty that day.

Marydoll Mon 22-Feb-21 09:48:11

JackyB, speaking from experience, these things happen.
One Monday morning, I went into school to find all the phones dead and all the IT not working. Everyone was up in arms, demanding it be sorted ASAP. I spent hours on my mobile, trying to get it sorted. Unfortunately, the IT dept refused to help me because I wasn't phoning from a designated school phone, despite them all being dead. It also affected the fire alarm link to the Fire Service.
I had to phone the head of IT, whom I knew personally and beg for help, as no-one would entertain me.
It took days for the techies and the internet provider to source the fault, things do break for no obvious reason.
If the infrastructure isn't very robust in the first place, it doesn't do well when things go wrong!
I am of the opinion that GN need to spend a bit of money on their system, but obviously the present situation doesn't help matters and what do I an old lady know? wink

FannyCornforth Mon 22-Feb-21 10:02:26

Mary, is it a real possibility that --if and--when it starts working again, over zealous pm-ers might cause the poor thing to crash? shock

FannyCornforth Mon 22-Feb-21 10:05:03

It seems that the 'strike through' function isn't having the best of days either...

BlueBelle Mon 22-Feb-21 10:21:33

mary didn’t say anything wrong Fanny ?
Sorry mary I was confused as I hadn’t read further back and just saw your post about meet ups and thought it was wrong thread
Oh dear the written word can be so confusing

Oh dear not the strike through too now !!!!

Marydoll Mon 22-Feb-21 10:32:46

Bluebelle ?, you know what they say. Read the whole thread!!!?

BlueBelle Mon 22-Feb-21 10:47:03

I have Mary so many times but missed that one
ah well I ve said my sorries ?

Marydoll Mon 22-Feb-21 10:51:18

BluebBelle ?

BlueBelle Mon 22-Feb-21 11:44:09

Doesn’t get us any nearer have the function up and running though does it !

FannyCornforth Mon 22-Feb-21 11:47:02

Ha ha! grin

ZadieGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 22-Feb-21 17:30:23

Hi everyone - thanks so much for your patience with this and bearing with us while we worked on the fix.

We've now released the tech fix, and everything seems to be working fine with PMs now. Please let us know if you're still having problems though. smileflowers

Marydoll Mon 22-Feb-21 18:12:35

Whoohoo! I've successfully sent a PM.....I think!
Thanks to the techies, a stressful time for you!

Marydoll Mon 22-Feb-21 19:24:21

The recipient has received and replied!