Gransnet forums

Site stuff

Problems loading Gransnet

(85 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

MamaCaz Sun 10-Oct-21 18:46:14

Is it just me that has had problems with Gransnet on several occasions over the last few days, even though I was able to load any other sites that I frequently visit?

BlueBelle Mon 11-Oct-21 20:05:20

Ok fir me was on and off earlier but seems ok now

LilyGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 11-Oct-21 20:06:15

MamaCaz

It's still a problem. Reporting again.

Hi

Are you able to try logging out of the site, and logging back in again?

Marydoll Mon 11-Oct-21 20:09:55

My PC came up with an error message, saying the problem was with GN's server. Sorry, I have forgotten the error code. It was still slow on the mobile site at 7pm.

MamaCaz Mon 11-Oct-21 20:10:57

LilyGransnet

MamaCaz

It's still a problem. Reporting again.

Hi

Are you able to try logging out of the site, and logging back in again?

Through the day, it has made no difference whether I am already in the site or have gone out then tried to log back in again - it just isn't loading half the time.

LilyGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 11-Oct-21 20:18:29

Hi all

If anyone is able to, please could they get us a screenshot of the error message? It would be an enormous help in helping us diagnose the issue our end.

Also, please do let us know what devices and browsers you're using to access the site.

Doodledog Mon 11-Oct-21 21:16:31

I'll try for a screenshot next time it happens, as typically it's behaving just now; but all day I have had problems posting and opening threads. Sometimes it jut times out, and earlier when I did manage to post, my message posted twice. The double posting has happened to others too, I notice.

I am using Safari on a MacBook.

JaneJudge Mon 11-Oct-21 21:18:51

it goes to portal error
it says my connection is fine
its fine in amsterdam and gransnet no
clouds by them with tick or crosses

Sweetpeasue Mon 11-Oct-21 21:49:40

Just crashed for me and took several minutes to come on again. Very intermittent.

SueDonim Mon 11-Oct-21 21:55:24

Same here. It sporadically won’t load, there’s a message saying the server is down. I’m using an IPad.

BlueBelle Tue 12-Oct-21 05:51:37

It’s been off in the night I was awake about 4 am and tried a number of times no message, just wouldn’t do anything apart from whizzing around

BlueBelle Tue 12-Oct-21 05:51:37

It’s been off in the night I was awake about 4 am and tried a number of times no message, just wouldn’t do anything apart from whizzing around

BlueBelle Tue 12-Oct-21 05:52:11

Now it’s posted twice and I definitely only pressed once

FannyCornforth Tue 12-Oct-21 05:55:45

BlueBelle same for me.
I think that it’s been on the blink for over 24 hours now.
Lots of trouble posting and getting on the site.
HQ you can see the level of the problem by the lack of posts on threads.

FannyCornforth Tue 12-Oct-21 06:04:51

And the Active List still isn’t working properly.
The ‘Anyone Awake?’ thread doesn’t show up, and Josiannes photo thread never appears.
The whole thing is a bit of a mess

seacliff Tue 12-Oct-21 07:14:23

Been unable to get on all night. Just no response sometimes. Then it said browser not working, and it was.

Have had problems for several days. Mumsnet is ok.

BlueBelle Tue 12-Oct-21 07:43:53

And off again at 7am no message just went off don’t know how long for as I went fir my shower

lemsip Tue 12-Oct-21 07:47:20

I have had no problems at all recently loading gransnet.
I'm on my laptop.

Esspee Tue 12-Oct-21 07:52:48

I use an iPad mini, so Safari browser. In the last few days I have sometimes been unable to post or only able to post when I remove an attachment. On occasion the site has been down completely. Really annoying if you lose a reply you have spent a good time writing when it goes down while you are composing something.

Jaxjacky Tue 12-Oct-21 07:57:55

Error 503 earlier this morning, server problem, down or overloaded.

Esspee Tue 12-Oct-21 07:58:39

Just tried to post on a thread with an attached photo. Had to remove the photo, it wouldn’t send.

I’ll try to add a random photo here.

Nope, had to remove it.

seacliff Tue 12-Oct-21 08:00:25

Yes my first message today went into the ether..... the page went as I was typing. On my android. Is this the beginning of the end?

grannyactivist Tue 12-Oct-21 08:56:54

I also had problems getting on to GN yesterday and repeatedly got the error code. I have a full day of meetings today, so won’t know whether things improve or not.

Jackiest Tue 12-Oct-21 09:52:02

Hope this is of some help. This was at about 4:00 AM This morning UK time.

Jaxjacky Tue 12-Oct-21 10:16:46

iPad on safari

Alegrias1 Tue 12-Oct-21 10:19:09

Same error message screenshot for me as for Jackiest, but the error was 502. That's on an Amazon Fire. About 10:12 this morning.