Gransnet forums

Sport

Anyone else doing something else this evening?

(26 Posts)
M0nica Sun 11-Jul-21 20:48:58

I am rooting for England and will cheer when we win, but I draw the line at a couple of hours of unutterable boredom watching the match.

So far I have had phone calls from two other people not watching the match and now those calls are over I will make a pot of tea and start dealing with my emails.

Shinamae Sun 11-Jul-21 20:50:49

Doing a general knowledge trivia quiz of my iPad….. but watching the TV when I hear the pundits get excited!!…

Galaxy Sun 11-Jul-21 20:51:59

I am eating popcorn and faffing about on the internet, it's on as Dh is watching but I cant say I am really watching it.

BlueBelle Sun 11-Jul-21 20:55:04

I ve got my cider and kettle crisps and jumping up and down and shouting and clapping and I don’t even like football ??

joannapiano Sun 11-Jul-21 20:57:14

Lots of ladies walking dogs in the rain, around here.

seacliff Sun 11-Jul-21 20:57:50

I'm watching the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (again) . And flicking across to GN occasionally to see if any goals. I do hope we win though.

Floradora9 Sun 11-Jul-21 21:09:05

I am avoiding it at all costs .

Hellogirl1 Sun 11-Jul-21 21:11:30

Another here on avoidance

Redhead56 Sun 11-Jul-21 21:15:39

Doing an online course about British food. Looking at recent posts on here as well as recipes.

tidyskatemum Sun 11-Jul-21 21:16:18

Yep, avoiding like the plague. I can't face the inevitable hysterical euphoria or gloom depending who wins. And my crystal ball tells me that many city centres showing the game on a big screen are going to be trashed tonight, whatever the result, if the earlier pictures of Leicester Square are anything to go by

Callistemon Sun 11-Jul-21 21:16:58

I've just had a long phone call from DD after catching up with the men's finals because we missed it this afternoon.

And I switched on GN

GrannyGravy13 Sun 11-Jul-21 21:17:17

Best Exotic Marigold Hotel in the kitchen with a glass of wine and GN.
Last time I watched a full England match they lost so I am under orders from AC, DH and GC to stay put ???⚽️⚽️⚽️

Callistemon Sun 11-Jul-21 21:18:20

It's on, I shall look up if I hear a lot of cheering!

Callistemon Sun 11-Jul-21 21:21:04

PS in 1966 I watched the World Cup with my cousin and her DH, who had just come back from a work trip to Germany so I had my first taste of Schnapps.

Perhaps I should open the Prosecco ?

Kim19 Sun 11-Jul-21 21:31:37

Can't concentrate on anything else. I'll just watch and pray.

Gin Sun 11-Jul-21 21:32:40

Just been banished by my son as I had the audacity to chat to my bored grandson whilst play was in progress! Now skulking in the lounge with my iPad.

Savvy Sun 11-Jul-21 21:38:49

I don't have live TV and I can't stand football, I much prefer rugby.

I'll be packing a couple of boxes of kitchenware as the plasterers are coming on the 19th and I don't fancy having to wash everything to remove the dust. Much easier to pack it out up and store it out of the way until they've finished.

BigBertha1 Sun 11-Jul-21 22:03:15

I was keeping DH company but its so boring I have gone to bed.

LtEve Sun 11-Jul-21 22:07:50

I’m in the bar of a lovely Northumbrian hotel. Everyone is watching the football but also chatting. Really friendly bunch. It’s DH’s birthday so I’m not showing my boredom too obviously.?

Grannmarie Sun 11-Jul-21 22:09:59

I've just had an international Zoom call with my sisters ( local) and my brother and sister in law in Chicago.
We had a family catch up, then a quiz, great fun.
Is there a football match on somewhere?

Cabbie21 Sun 11-Jul-21 22:11:23

Catching up various things on iPlayer.

ginny Sun 11-Jul-21 22:17:01

DH is watching , I’ve been reading and doing some crochet.
Difficult to avoid it altogether as we are in our tourer caravan. The awning floor is saturated due to the rain and too wet to go for a walk. So, basically on a box. Mind you I haven’t a clue what the score is.

M0nica Mon 12-Jul-21 01:17:21

Just off to bed now after a useful evening preparing some exhibits for an exhibition.

V3ra Mon 12-Jul-21 01:27:51

My elder son has a bigger television than ours so my husband and younger son took pizzas and watched the football there.
I had the house to myself, bliss after a weekend doing a wardrobe makeover at my Dad's ?

Calendargirl Mon 12-Jul-21 07:23:19

DH went to our son’s to watch it. DS was astounded I wasn’t going also, “But it’s 55 years since we were last in a final”.:
“Yes, I watched that one, but it was the WORLD cup”.

I watched a documentary about Princess Grace’s children on my I pad, went to bed after 10 when they were in extra time.

Not much else on that I was interested in.