Gransnet forums

Sport

I’d be ashamed if my 7 year old grandchild behaved like this !

(27 Posts)
Lucca Sat 10-Sep-22 22:35:27

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvTrQWli8-s

Callistemon21 Sat 10-Sep-22 22:42:52

Oh no, not him again.

He is a spoilt brat, a thug.
Not a great ambassador for his country, Australians are ashamed of him too.

FannyCornforth Sun 11-Sep-22 06:34:42

He’s got terrible mental health issues.
He needs protecting from himself

Spice101 Sun 11-Sep-22 06:57:06

He clearly has anger issues also a huge ego and he says he brings a lot to tennis by this behaviour. The sad thing is he does have great talent and with a different attitude could do very well. He is facing an assault charge which will go to court shortly.

On the other hand we also have/had Ash Barty to show the other side of the coin.

Galaxy Sun 11-Sep-22 07:00:45

I am sure the assault charges are groundless hmm

Spice101 Sun 11-Sep-22 07:29:21

I wouldn't be.

Sparklefizz Sun 11-Sep-22 07:56:24

Andy Murray has apparently quietly done a lot to help him with his mental health issues.

He (NK) plays great tennis and is exciting to watch if only he could control his anger or channel it into the game.

tickingbird Sun 11-Sep-22 08:15:48

FannyCornforth

He’s got terrible mental health issues.
He needs protecting from himself

Doesn’t everyone who behaves badly in the public eye these days?

Oopsadaisy1 Sun 11-Sep-22 08:21:32

I’d be ashamed of his parents putting clips of him on YouTube if he has mental health problems.

HettyBetty Sun 11-Sep-22 08:22:13

I have no time for all these "mental health" excuses for bad behaviour. He's clearly just a brat.

Zoejory Sun 11-Sep-22 08:24:17

Most tennis players have smashed rackets. YouTube Roger Federer. He was amazingly angry many times.

Not condoning the behaviour but they've all done it . This chap just gets a lot of

Sparklefizz Sun 11-Sep-22 09:06:49

Kyrgios does have mental health problems. He was cutting and burning himself and had a breakdown.
www.mirror.co.uk/sport/tennis/tennis-nick-kyrgios-2019-breakdown-26881322

lixy Sun 11-Sep-22 09:58:15

Sparklefizz

Kyrgios does have mental health problems. He was cutting and burning himself and had a breakdown.
www.mirror.co.uk/sport/tennis/tennis-nick-kyrgios-2019-breakdown-26881322

He does - and he also has enough money to fund the help he needs should he choose to get it along with the coach/physio etc in the entourage.

No excuse at all for this kind of outburst, not just once but over and over again.

I wonder if tennis will introduce a 'card' system like football? Kyrios has been fined many times for his rude and aggressive behaviour but maybe being refused entry to a tournament following a red card would make him pause for thought.

FannyCornforth Sun 11-Sep-22 10:14:06

Perhaps he is getting help.
We don’t know.
Like I said, I think that he needs protection.
I can’t imagine what it’s like to basically have a nervous breakdown in front of the world, while simultaneously looking like a complete clown.
I think that he should quit tennis, to be quite honest.

tickingbird Sun 11-Sep-22 10:59:05

Why does he only have breakdowns when he loses?

FannyCornforth Sun 11-Sep-22 11:23:19

Because he is angry and frustrated and full of self loathing, I should think.
An inability to control his emotions, especially anger.
A cycle of negative reactions.
Possible ADHD

PollyDolly Sun 11-Sep-22 11:29:46

Mardy s**t springs to mind!

tickingbird Sun 11-Sep-22 11:47:15

A cycle of negative reactions.
Possible ADHD%

Hmm over indulged spoilt brat syndrome more like!

foxie48 Sun 11-Sep-22 12:09:42

I do wonder how many of us would have the mental strength to play top class tennis. I certainly wouldn't and tbh I feel sad seeing talented people in any sphere cracking under pressure, some people just can't take it and therefore, never really reach their full potential. He is incredibly talented but not mentally strong, such a shame. His personal seems to be very adversely affected too, not a happy guy at all.

Callistemon21 Sun 11-Sep-22 12:16:53

PollyDolly

Mardy s**t springs to mind!

A bit more than mardy!

Over-indulged as a child because of his talent?
Then, as he said himself, drugs and alcohol took over which he has managed to control but is unable to control himself.

nanna8 Sun 11-Sep-22 12:17:10

Some commentators here say that he has been spoilt all his life because he was good at tennis as a youngster. He was indulged and no one told him off when he was a naughty child. So now he is a 2 year old adult needing a smacked bottom.

Callistemon21 Sun 11-Sep-22 12:18:12

X post nanna8

foxie48 Sun 11-Sep-22 13:24:26

nanna8

Some commentators here say that he has been spoilt all his life because he was good at tennis as a youngster. He was indulged and no one told him off when he was a naughty child. So now he is a 2 year old adult needing a smacked bottom.

I don't know him or anything about him really but I do wonder how much pressure he was under as a child. Someone who cuts and burns themselves surely doesn't need a smack? Many years ago I played club tennis, there was a young girl who showed real talent and the family moved out to America to get her the best coaching etc. She never made it as a professional but I sometimes wonder what the real cost was of uprooting the family and putting so much effort into a child who might or might not make it to the top.

Lucca Sun 11-Sep-22 13:27:19

Spice101

I wouldn't be.

Wouldn’t be what ?

tickingbird Sun 11-Sep-22 13:30:52

Sharapova who was from Chernobyl was taken to the US as an eight yr old. Her father went with her but her mother had to stay behind. Her father worked all hours as a truck driver and couldn’t see her everyday and she spoke little English. I often used to think that I couldn’t have borne that as a child.

Nick Kyrgios is just a bad loser who can’t take responsibility for his bad behaviour.