Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Bought anything new in the last week?

(236 Posts)
rosesarered Sat 24-Oct-15 20:56:24

If you have bought any clothes, shoes/boots etc in the last week,thought it may be fun to say what the item was, where you bought it,and if it's for something special, tell us? It may give us some good ideas.smile

Deedaa Sat 24-Oct-15 21:05:25

All I've bought is a very cheap pair of sandals from ebay. I've put them away for next summer, I couldn't find any I liked this year.

NanKate Sat 24-Oct-15 21:39:22

I bought some rather snazzy travel slippers in Windsor yesterday. When I visit certain friends homes they like me to take off my shoes, so I thought these easy to carry ones would suit the bill.

I also bought some Simple Eye Cream for old biddies like me to improve the bags and dark circles. grin

annsixty Sat 24-Oct-15 21:44:56

I bought a lovely bright pink cashmere jumper from M&S, it goes with my white hair a treat. I just need an occasion to wear it.

stillhere Sat 24-Oct-15 21:55:20

I bought a lovely soft navy-blue pair of baby needlecord straight trousers from M&S Collection. They are like velvet.

Maranta Sat 24-Oct-15 22:02:13

I've just ordered a pair of flannel pyjamas and sheepskin slippers from Lands End, and a big sloppy cardigan from Woolovers. I want to stay warm this winter.

stillhere Sat 24-Oct-15 22:10:49

Ah - I forgot my Woolovers stash, bought with my birthday money. I like their longer length V-neck cashmere and merino cardigans, I bought a dark grey and a purple this year.

Ana Sat 24-Oct-15 22:16:05

Cashmere? Are you lot all loaded...? confused

annsixty Sat 24-Oct-15 22:20:59

No, we took advantage of 20% while we couldgrin

stillhere Sat 24-Oct-15 22:21:05

I did say birthday money! I am poor, but everyone sent money. Cashmere is my one weakness wink and I try to buy at least one item a year.

gillybob Sat 24-Oct-15 22:22:00

My thoughts exactly Anaconfused

stillhere Sat 24-Oct-15 22:29:38

Yes annsixty!

Chris1603 Sat 24-Oct-15 22:36:24

Bought a Christmas jumper whilst there is plenty of choice and I could get one I liked

hildajenniJ Sat 24-Oct-15 23:04:19

I bought a new bra. Not very exciting, but very essential. All my old ones are now rather stretched and saggy. Also two pairs of new jeggings, denim blue and black. Now I need some new tops, and I'll be ready for winter.

gillybob Sat 24-Oct-15 23:08:43

I bought a new book today. A journal from paper chase.

rosequartz Sat 24-Oct-15 23:38:00

I always come home empty-handed then see other people in clothes I like.

Where do they go shopping, I don't like to ask.

Blodyn Sat 24-Oct-15 23:43:18

gilly I love buying stationary. Love to just hold it and stroke the pages. (Im strange).

Coolgran65 Sat 24-Oct-15 23:44:01

I bought two brand new with tags M & S jumper dresses off ebay. One is purple and was £4.99, the other is navy and grey zig-sag and was £8.

Both are knee length and brilliant with leggings and boots, or jeggings and flat pumps, or my favourite Clark's blue suede lace-up but relatively dainty brogues.

Blodyn Sat 24-Oct-15 23:47:05

O they sound brilliant Cool. What a find.

Nelliemoser Sat 24-Oct-15 23:57:01

I treated myself to a Masons ironstone plate and jug in "chartreuse". because I was feeling fed up and they are pretty. I might be tempted by jugs in the red and blue of this range.

Maggiemaybe Sun 25-Oct-15 00:30:16

I have bought a witch's hat with spiders on for Hallowe'en and a couple of metres of matching shiny material to make a cloak to scare impress the DGS with next weekend. £6.50 all in.

I love cashmere, but only buy it when it's in the final, final clearance section. Which is why the only cashmere item I currently possess is a bright purple polo neck jumper. I don't wear it a lot, but I do like to stroke it. grin

NanKate Sun 25-Oct-15 06:54:10

Love your plate and jug Nellie. Isn't it lovely at our age just to buy something that we like and not think should I be buying this .

On the other hand I saw a lovely Autumn themed dress yesterday that I fancied but it cost £69 and as it was just a plain shift dress in style and I felt it just did not justify the money. I will try and get it in the sale smile

Riverwalk Sun 25-Oct-15 07:01:22

I bought two scarves from Peter Jones costing £75 and was charged 5p for a tiny bag!

I could hardly put my lovely new purchases straight into the shopping bag shock

Humbertbear Sun 25-Oct-15 07:11:12

I bought a new dress from Joe Browns. I love their style. i try to buy a couple every winter.

M0nica Sun 25-Oct-15 07:22:18

I bought a dressing gown and polo neck sweater in Next, but also wanted to buy a winter coat and a skirt, but could find nothing I liked.