Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Puffy eye bags any solutions

(39 Posts)
overthehill Fri 12-Aug-16 10:25:50

I am looking for some sort of miracle, but don't really expect to find it.

However, is there anything out there that actually reduces puffy eye bags? If anyone knows, please pass it on.

BBbevan Fri 12-Aug-16 10:40:52

Cucumber slices are supposed to do the trick.

granjura Fri 12-Aug-16 11:09:20

Ahahahaha the least of your worries - and here goes for a laugh- my kind of yoddling smile

youtu.be/O4QzHeUE-CM

sing with me ...

KatyK Fri 12-Aug-16 15:13:56

Cold teabags were suggested to me once. I can't remember if they work or not.

gettingonabit Fri 12-Aug-16 15:16:13

Apparently haemorrhoid cream works. Not that I've tried it yet.

overthehill Fri 12-Aug-16 17:12:44

I've tried all the above including haemorrhoid cream. No noticeable difference I am sad to say

Juggernaut Fri 12-Aug-16 17:55:06

granjura
Thanks for the link, I'm learning to yodelgrin

gettingonabit Fri 12-Aug-16 18:20:17

Surgery then?

HildaW Fri 12-Aug-16 18:52:14

Its not exactly a miracle cure.....but for several years I've been using Neals Yard white tea gel and its reduced my bags and seems to be keeping them at bay very well.

gettingonabit Fri 12-Aug-16 21:35:52

Have you tried minimising them with makeup? Plenty of youtube vids on techniques.

rubylady Sat 13-Aug-16 05:22:00

I've started to get puffy eyes when I get up but it's water retention as it does go after a while. Not nice though. If I have a man again it will be the old saying "They go to bed with Gilda and wake up with me" Rita Hayworth quote. Mind you, I don't know what Gilda looked like! grin

Mumsy Sat 13-Aug-16 09:04:39

witch hazel gel just dab some around the eye area, its really soothing to.

Teetime Sat 13-Aug-16 09:09:22

I have used all manner and makes of eye creams and have found them largely to be the same but now I use Optrex Actimist (you spray it onto closed eyes) the puffiness is much less and the itching is relived. I read somewhere that dietary remedies give some relief - perhaps if its water retention cutting down/eliminating salt - I don't know really its waffle morning here.

overthehill Sat 13-Aug-16 11:15:52

What I have found recently as camouflage is white lipstick. Sounds strange I know but it sticks on nicely and covers the dark bits I have under my eyes. I used to use Touch Eclat and other types like that, but find they wear off after a short while.

I bought the white lipstick some time a go from a website for goths hmm

gettingonabit Sat 13-Aug-16 13:35:54

overthehill apparently stuff which is light/white works by bouncing the light, taking the emphasis away from the area.

Never thought about white lipstick-what a brilliant ideasmile.

I've thought about kids' white face paint, though. Haven't done it yet..

WilliamRobinson Mon 03-Oct-16 10:09:18

You should drink plenty of water, ice-cold water, apply aloe vera. Its very effective.

Nandalot Mon 03-Oct-16 11:04:59

Apropos of nothing on this thread, I am intrigued by your name, William Robinson. There was a famous Field Marshall by that name who was the first to rise to that rank from private. Or is it the full name of Will Robinson from 'Lost in Space'? Or perhaps perfectly random? Sorry everyone, will bow out now.

Nandalot Mon 03-Oct-16 11:45:15

That will teach me to butt in. The Field Marshall's name was Robertson. Ahhh. Anno D.

Marian1412 Wed 26-Apr-17 20:15:21

Has anyone tried a lip stain? I want a natural look without a glossy finish

Chewbacca Wed 26-Apr-17 20:36:28

I've tried a lip stain Marian and it was dreadful to get off! The slightest smudge in the wrong place stuck with me all day, no way could it be wiped off. If you have a very steady hand, give it a go, but stock up on some heavy duty make remover.

annsixty Wed 26-Apr-17 21:10:19

A very vain male friend of ours had plastic surgery to reduce his eye bags. He insisted that his eye surgeon, after laser treatment, told him it was helpful for his recovery.
We went out for lunch with him and his wife two weeks ago and the bags were back as big as ever perhaps proving it is a temporary measure.

grannypiper Thu 27-Apr-17 08:56:12

You may be lacking Zinc.

Marian1412 Thu 27-Apr-17 18:09:53

Thanks ChewBacca - sorry seem to have invaded another thread!

valeriej43 Sun 07-May-17 12:41:15

Try Instantly ageless, its really good, you just dab it on and the bags miraculously disappear, you can get it on ebay or Amazon, 5 little ampoules for under £10 you can get a few applications out of them,
Some hairdressers sell it, which is how i found out about them
You might not want to use them all the time,but for special occasions

Reviewguru2017 Thu 06-Jul-17 02:10:17

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.