I am looking for a pair of smart black trousers but I'm confused by the styles - straight leg, slim, tapered. I have sent for several on line (M & S) but can't find any that fit. I am a short 10 but find so many look like jodhpurs or cling to the leg. Which style do you prefer for 'going out'?
I agree with Whitewave. Jaeger trousers are always beautifully cut and great quality fabric. The straight leg trousers are perfect for both smart and casual wear.
I live in a quite isolated part of Scotland and the nearest town with a variety of clothes shops is a 3 hour journey, so I tend to order a few on line and send back what I don't want. The confusion is what shape to send for.
Please M & S, bring back bootcut jeans! Trinny & Susannah recommended them years ago, for balancing out one's backside. And the need to do that has not diminished since...
ggmarion - I decided I needed some black stretchy slightly bootleg trousers to go under various smartish tops for Christmas. To my amazement I found M&S (about whom I am usually very rude) have a good selection and I bought two pairs of what I wanted for £20 each. Although they are bootleg, they are not the old fashioned wide bootlegs but close fitting and just flaring out a bit at the ankle.
One of my problems is trousers slipping down. My stomach sticks out but my behind is flatish plus I have no waist to speak of so they don't keep up very well. I find elasticated better than buttons and zips as to get the waist big enough they're too large on the hips. Oh and my legs are thin in comparison.
Should anyone out there be blessed with a shape similar to mine and have found a solution to nice fitting trousers I would love to hear where you buy them from.