Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Good Moisturiser?

(40 Posts)
fumanchu Sat 25-Feb-17 18:27:46

Looking for suggestions on a really good moisturiser please?

Liaise Sat 25-Feb-17 19:29:54

I use Olay. There is a choice according to your type of skin. It is very reasonably priced.

Rinouchka Sat 25-Feb-17 19:34:10

Olay is excellent, especially the Regenerist. Boots are doing a special offer at the moment:1/3 off. It is not cheap but lots cheaper than brands of similar quality. One of the daytime moisture serums also has sun protection 30, so wonderful.

Antonia Sat 25-Feb-17 19:40:04

I have been using Marula oil for a couple of weeks now and I have noticed a difference, I will be continuing to use it and see how it fares after a few months.

annsixty Sat 25-Feb-17 19:53:20

Whatever is on offer at whatever shop I am in when I need it. I believe it is the massaging it in that is the answer and your genes are most important.

Ana Sat 25-Feb-17 20:07:57

I've used Olay for many years (started when it was Oil of Ulay!)

I bought some Clinique moisturiser last year as it was recommended on here, but found it too oily for my skin. Glad I didnt throw it away though because my skin's gone very dry recently.

Deedaa Sat 25-Feb-17 20:33:02

I used to use Estee Lauder but now I use Aldi's Caviar face cream which seems just as good.

fumanchu Sat 25-Feb-17 22:24:07

Great help ladies, thanks!

Hilltopgran Sat 25-Feb-17 22:55:57

I have gone back to Cyclax, which I used for years but then was not available in shops but have found online. My Mother used their moisturuser all her life and still at 100 had a wonderful skin.

paddyann Sat 25-Feb-17 23:30:30

I use Elemis ,they have different formulas for different skin types ,its fab

LadyGracie Sat 25-Feb-17 23:32:28

Aveena is very good!

Hopehope Sun 26-Feb-17 00:01:35

I like the simple moisturiser as I am allergic to alot of them. Also Boots do a VERY CHEAP cucumber one which is creamy and very good, and refreshing too. The thing is though what suits one of us will not perhaps suit another, you need to suck it and see so to speak smile

tiredoldwoman Sun 26-Feb-17 07:43:39

I've returned to good old vaseline , applied at night . A tiny smear warmed between the fingers then gently worked in - I saw a difference in the morning . Face wasn't so 'dragged down' looking - I'm going to use it on other places too !smile

f77ms Sun 26-Feb-17 08:42:46

Aldi `Soy ` moisturiser is great for my dry skin . I never use soap but Body shop cleanser instead . I have noticed that all my broken veins have massively reduced since I started using Body shop Vitamin E cleanser , wonder if it is the vit E which has got rid of them .
I would be concerned about using Vaseline , would it not block your pores because it is waterproof if used long term ?

Largolass Sun 26-Feb-17 08:47:52

I swear by Liz Earle's Superskin Moisturiser with Neroli....

annsixty Sun 26-Feb-17 08:50:44

When I was in hospital having my knee done,the lady in the nearest bed,having herhip done,was a very young and sprightly 85 with a beautiful skin and she also used Aldi soy day care moisturizer. She was a great advert for it.

cangran Sun 26-Feb-17 10:35:28

I am now using Superdrug's B. Nourished skin phase 4 range - seems to be pure, works well, good price and there are often special offers.

Teetime Sun 26-Feb-17 11:47:57

I'm on Clinique Laser renewal now (night and day) and its the best I've tried and I have tried a few across the price range.

NonnaW Sun 26-Feb-17 11:54:14

I used to use Clinique, now I use Olay, whatever is on offer when I need some. Always like to have night cream too.

NanaandGrampy Sun 26-Feb-17 13:54:54

I swear by Clarins.

The night cream is horribly expensive at £85 a pot BUT I label mine the date I start using it and so far my latest pot has been on the go since Jan 2016 , so it's a large outlay but lasts long enough to make it very reasonable.

silverlining48 Sun 26-Feb-17 14:34:30

Olay or aldi, both good but neither have banished my wrinkles! By the way aldi sunscreen came top of 'which' mahpgazine sun cream survey, i use that too.

fumanchu Sun 26-Feb-17 15:04:05

I'm looking at all of these, to see which one takes my fancy, thank you! I've always used just anything from Boots or Aldi but wanted something posher and smellier for a change smile Plus my skin has gone very flaky and dry recently.

Teetime Sun 26-Feb-17 15:15:04

Good heavens nanaandgrampy that is a long while - best I can do is about 3 months and then I'm skimping.

Pittcity Sun 26-Feb-17 15:22:13

I love the £1 tube of Derma V10 Multi Radiance from Savers. It has SPF15 and my skin has never been better. I use Aldi face wash too.
I don't think posher and smellier always means better.

Ana Sun 26-Feb-17 15:24:43

I agree, Pittcity, I have been put off several 'posh' moisturisers because of their overpowering perfume!