Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Good Moisturiser?

(41 Posts)
fumanchu Sat 25-Feb-17 18:27:46

Looking for suggestions on a really good moisturiser please?

shysal Sun 26-Feb-17 15:48:38

Dove products seem to suit my skin, and are absorbed quickly. I have a large tub of cream from which I take a dollop and spread it between my hands and apply wherever needed. Fortunately I have slightly greasy skin so don't need much, and half the time I forget to use it.

gillybob Sun 26-Feb-17 15:57:30

I have tried the Aldi face wash and various creams and serums but they don't agree with me Pittcity they always make my eyes water. I agree about price not meaning better. I tend to stick to what I know so use No7 and Olay.

I agree genes are the most important factor annsixty my sister has inherited all the best ones from my dad who looks very young for his 79 years ... Sadly I got my mums.

Charleygirl Sun 26-Feb-17 16:14:22

I have used Olay for years and now I buy it when it is on offer.

Dove does not appear to agree with my skin or hair so I give it a miss.

Atqui Sun 26-Feb-17 16:20:32

Another Liz Earle fan here , but without the neroli , unperfumed

Maggiemaybe Sun 26-Feb-17 16:22:42

I have very dry skin which just soaks up whatever I use, so I go through moisturiser quickly and tend to buy whatever's on special offer for dry/mature skin. I've realised recently that facial oils work best for me, though you've to allow a bit longer to let them settle before putting make-up (or your glasses!) on. My favourite is Sanctuary Therapist's Secret Facial Oil. My second choice would be NUXE Dry Oil Huile Prodigieuse, which I discovered when it was behind one of the doors of my M & S Advent Calendar this Christmas grin

Maggiemaybe Sun 26-Feb-17 16:25:39

The Aldi soy stuff makes my eyes sting and water too, but the caviar range doesn't (sadly it doesn't seem to improve my skin much either, though again, I liked the 7 day oil treatment).

NanaandGrampy Sun 26-Feb-17 17:34:58

I probably don't use it every night Teetime but I found a little goes a long way .

KatyK Mon 27-Feb-17 10:20:51

I have used Oil of Ulay (now Olay) for over 30 years and, at 68, have very few wrinkles. Lots of other problems obivously but not wrinkles smile

KatyK Mon 27-Feb-17 10:21:07

obviously I mean!

Parsleywin Mon 27-Feb-17 10:59:14

Fumanchu, you mentioned that your skin is dry and flaky. Skincare professionals would advise exfoliating a couple of times a week and then your lovely new moisturiser will be much more effective. Dry skin needs exfoliating more frequently than other types, otherwise whatever product is applied just sits on old, dead skin cells. Have fun choosing a new product!

fumanchu Mon 27-Feb-17 21:00:27

Oh I didn't know that Parsleywin, always thought that was for oily types. I'll go off and search for exfoliators now as well lol - thanks!

wot Mon 27-Feb-17 21:08:29

Astral.

Hopehope Mon 27-Feb-17 23:48:29

I don't want smelly on my face it makes my eyes water sad. Moving onto Body Butter I got for my birthday a lovely tub of altlantic seaweed boddy butter from the Body Shop. A light perfume and nice and refreshing. has made my arms and legs alot less dry

Rinouchka Tue 28-Feb-17 08:50:38

I stay away from any face creams with perfume of any kind.

However, I do love Palmer's body moisteriser, especially the one with chocolate. I rub it over arms, legs,chest and smell decadently delicious all day....and my skin is moisterised with no dry skin, even at heels or elbows.

Helpful if giving up chocolate for Lent as the discrete chocolate smell is satisfying on its own.

fumanchu Tue 28-Feb-17 16:48:23

If I got choc scented moisturiser I'd spend all night licking myself and the husband might get a wee bit worried! LOL
I bought one from Boots and also L'oreal Age Perfect from Amazon - because I liked the jar. I am nothing if not scientific smile smile