Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Cold shoulder tops

(58 Posts)
MawBroon Sat 09-Sep-17 16:23:03

Does anybody like these?
I can see how the designers hit on the notion of a new "zone" in their latest styles but I see very very few women who look look nice in them. Few of us have the broad toned shoulders of Michelle Obama and (to me at any rate) these tips or dresses <whisper> tarty.
Having percolated down to Market Stall fashions , they just look cheap to me. Styled with a "nice" pair of ripped jeans or "pleather"(plastic) trousers and flip flops they are a look best consigned to history.
I also think unlike asymmetric hems, they are already looking dated - "last year" this year!!
End of fashion RANT! grin

Barmyoldbat Tue 12-Sep-17 14:13:19

Love the look, but not for me, hate wearing anything with holes in it or frills. Also don't much like formal clothes, more of a mix it all up with colours and must be warm type, though I do get compliments. Taken to wearing a large colourful wrap instead of coat at the moment. Also waiting for paint splattered clothes to come into fashion.

Lockers54 Tue 12-Sep-17 14:39:13

I really don't know what all these cold shoulder items are about & the colour mustard is yuck!

chrishoops Tue 12-Sep-17 16:09:43

I would be cold in these gappy tops, unless we had a heat wave!

Nannapat1 Tue 12-Sep-17 21:45:14

I'm 65 and wear them. They expose just the shoulders but conceal the upper arms: job done in my opinion!

grannyactivist Tue 12-Sep-17 22:31:47

Cold shoulder tops are not for me, nor do I look good in frills or 'wonky' hemlines - I did buy an asymmetrical top a few years ago and lots of people commented that it looks good on me, but I always feel like mutton dressed as lamb in it. Some fashions I think are either best suited to the young or to women who are several sizes smaller than I am. wink

M0nica Wed 13-Sep-17 10:59:25

If I wore them, all they would reveal would be my thermal vestgrin

DanniRae Wed 13-Sep-17 17:06:51

You could get a 'flesh' coloured vest MOnica grin !!