Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

comfortable shoes for party

(29 Posts)
downdale Fri 24-Nov-17 17:42:39

I have a couple of nice 'dos' to attend in december and would like to look vaguely smart. I'm toying with the idea of some small heels. Does anyone have any recommendations for ones that won't leave me hobbling about? Open to any colour really since my dress is black

glammanana Fri 24-Nov-17 17:51:39

Next have some lovely shoes with various sized heels which will go nicely with a black dress,also Clarks do a pretty open toed T bar with a small heel in black patent leather but I don't have the name of them sorry.

Coolgran65 Fri 24-Nov-17 17:56:52

I love shoes but can't do 'heels.'
Anything like these suit?

www.kurtgeiger.com/archer-black-suedette-miss-kg
I love these by Kurt Geiger and they are reduced by 2/3 in sale to £23

Clarks
www.clarks.co.uk/c/Orabella-Wish/p/26127540

Same clarks but in green velvet
www.clarks.co.uk/c/Orabella-Wish/p/26127538

Clarks flat black suede
www.clarks.co.uk/c/Grace-Marion/p/26130917

glammanana Fri 24-Nov-17 18:06:55

Those Kurt Geiger are so nice Coolgran I my just treat myself to them.

Coolgran65 Fri 24-Nov-17 18:10:53

glammanana - aren't they gorgeous and at what a great price.

Nanabilly Fri 24-Nov-17 18:55:44

Have a look for a block heel they are more comfy than a slim heel . I have a pair of black patent low block heels with an ankle strap that I got from Marisota and pretty cheap too and they do look nice with a dress . I have a similar pair in a nude colour too but can't remember where I got those and then a pair of Clarke in a blush coloured soft leather.

Gutenberg Fri 24-Nov-17 20:00:26

Try Ecco or Hotter. Both have smart shoes and pride themselves on comfort. I bought a pair of black Ecco courts and they've been comfortable from the first wear. A bit more expensive than some high street options but, in my opinion, worth it.

Coconut Sat 25-Nov-17 09:14:30

Wedges are the best ! I did read an article the other day, think it was in the Mail, re some heeled shoes that have just been made, where you can actually fold the heel away so they turn into flats when your feet have had enough !

Humbertbear Sat 25-Nov-17 09:23:27

I don’t believe in party shoes. I wore flat silver sandals from Primark for a wedding this summer. They even did a bag to match. Have you thought about going on-trend and wearing boots with your dress?

Lyndie Sat 25-Nov-17 09:30:46

Kitten heels.

grannytotwins Sat 25-Nov-17 10:07:16

M&S have a comfortable party range. For completely flat shoes Butterfly Twists have some sparkly ones which I’ve just bought.

Cosafina Sat 25-Nov-17 10:13:30

My strongest recommendation would be don't wear new shoes to a party - you need to have worn them in first.
Second, when buying new shoes, only buy them if they are instantly comfortable. Don't think they'll be fine once they've loosened up a bit (I have dozens of pairs that have never loosed up.).
To my surprise I find the comfiest shoes these days in Shoe Zone. If only they were leather... smile

Aepgirl Sat 25-Nov-17 10:18:15

I love shoes but have problems buying them as I have very narrow feet - AA. The choice is almost non existent, so I find I really have to look after my shoes so that I don't have to go bare foot in the future!

W11girl Sat 25-Nov-17 10:47:13

I like to start off with heels, but carry a pair of smart bronze gold slipperettes in my handbag...if the going gets too tough they go with everything. I never wear black shoes with a black dress...so dull... You can wear any colour with black provided you match the handbag to it or if not the handbag...match the earrings or necklace. I notice a lot of celebs wear beige shoes with black dresses. You could also wear bronze or gunmetal silver...the world is your oyster! Depending on the dress, you don't have to wear heels but pair of smart flats.

Alidoll Sat 25-Nov-17 10:56:25

Second for Hotter - they have a t-bar style (can’t remember the name though) that are really comfortable. Wore them to a wedding and danced the night away and not one blister or sore feet the whole night.

midgey Sat 25-Nov-17 11:00:28

I go with Hotter too and there is a Black Friday deal or two!

NemosMum Sat 25-Nov-17 11:04:04

Hotter 'Jewel': several colours, very comfortable low heels with nice bow decoration.

David1968 Sat 25-Nov-17 11:15:23

Hotter, Hotter and Hotter! (No, I have no connection with the company - just love their comfy and stylish shoes.). I may have said this before on GN, if so I apologise, but it's worth repeating: "uncomfortable shoes will always show on your face!"

Yorkshiregirl Sat 25-Nov-17 11:16:59

A small black patent wedge will look lovely, and feel comfortable

GrammaH Sat 25-Nov-17 17:04:04

Sorry but Hotter don't suggest style and smartness to me! I'm afraid I always think they're rather frumpy....Have a look at Mandarina - beautiful, elegant shoes in a range of styles & heel heights - what about fuschia pink suede slingbacks with kitten heels? Fab with a black dress

Jalima1108 Sat 25-Nov-17 17:23:18

fuschia pink suede slingbacks with kitten heels

I would love to wear something like that but can't any more.

Legs55 Sat 25-Nov-17 19:42:05

GrammaH Hotter shoes are not all "frumpy" styles they do some lovely smart styles & are very comfortable. For the last few years I haven't been able to wear heels, I also need a reasonably thick sole due to medical problems, I have several pairs of Hotter shoes.

downdale go for comfort, low heel or flat, I do however agree that anything but black would look great, how about gun metal or red, matching handbag/belt/jewellery.

diddlydum Sat 25-Nov-17 20:03:41

Try Good for the Sole shoes at Debenhams. I bought a pair of low heels for a wedding & wore them from 10am through til 3 the next morning in complete comfort.

annodomini Sat 25-Nov-17 20:07:10

Gabor have several smart styles with little heels or wedges either of which look good with dresses. They are generally suitable for wider feet which suits me and I have (I think) three pairs, one black, one pewter and the other cream.

Friday Sat 25-Nov-17 20:50:34

Is this party at a friend’s house? If so go barefooted.