Style & beauty

Thin hair

(60 Posts)
amiesgran Wed 25-Apr-18 16:45:16

My hair seems to be getting thinner with each birthday
sad
Does anyone have the same issue?

stella1949 Sat 28-Apr-18 01:18:23

Go along to your local nursing home and have a look at everyone's hair - it's all thin or non-existent. Unfortunately thinning hair is just one of the "joys of getting older". We also have thinner leg and underarm hair, so I guess that balances out the annoyance to some degree, ha ha.

hailey96 Thu 31-May-18 10:13:46

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

simonemary Tue 04-Sep-18 16:24:31

Use gentle hair products and avoid hairstyles that pull on your hair.

kello Thu 18-Apr-19 13:35:04

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

blondenana Thu 18-Apr-19 17:01:29

I have the same problem, almost bald on the crown, not sure why this has happened suddenly, but i wondered if it was down to heated rollers,i have used whioch did get very hot indeed,or velcro rollers, which do seem to pull abit of hair out with them, but i have never seen lots of hair in a comb or in the plughole after washing it,or in the shower
I bought some Roots shampoo and conditioner with special spray to encourage growth, but the spray bottle collapsed and stopped spraying, so just using a dropper for now,
Also just sent for some Minoxidil, [Regain for women] trial size from Amazon,will try that when it arrives,its about the only thing i believe works, but you have to keep using it,and expensive ,but hoping my hair will grow back, also could be stress,had a very stressful 2 years
I realise this is an old thread, but might help someone

Lisa63 Fri 17-May-19 20:38:22

I suggest hair fibres toppik.. it gives illusion of full head hair...or even go further buy a "topper" partial hair piece that looks so real.... i use them..

blondenana Fri 17-May-19 21:29:13

I looked at toppers today but the lady didn;t think it was suitable for me for some reason, but she suggested i wait until i had been to the Drs again on monday

itsonlyme Fri 17-May-19 21:59:39

This is my first post.
My problem is that I have, and always have had, very fine hair. (It has always been the bane of my life!)
At present it is coloured mid/dark brown. Now that I'm 64, I feel that I SHOULD look my age and turn slowly grey. However my hairdresser (who has really helped with my problem hair over the years) has pointed out that if he dyes my hair grey, then it will look non existent. Consequently he is very against a change to grey and says that I'm better with the colour I have, rather than looking as though I have none.
Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks.

blondenana Sat 18-May-19 09:29:09

itsonlyme 64 is not old these days,and going grey will make you feel older, have you thought of just going a bit lighter? they say as you get older your skin changes, and dark hair doesn;t always look right
I would suggest you ask your hairdresser to put some highlights in it ,or just go a bit lighter,if you have some grey or silver coming through it will just blend in and probably wont show root growth as much