Doesn't Melania Trump always look fabulous? (except for that recent parka with the "Who cares" message).
I thought last night's yellow dress was absolutely stunning when they arrived at Blenheim Palace (did not think Teresa May's dress with a high split up the back was ideal for people following up steps behind her!) and today she looks gorgeous too. Her fashion sense is pretty much spot-on in my opinion.
It looks as if TM is high waisted so wearing short jackets with a single button or belted dresses don't really suit her which is also the reason she doesn't look good in trousers.
.but I think any one of us,given the money and opportunities such people have at their finger tips,would look equally good You might, but I certainly wouldn't Panache
I didn’t like the very long back split in T May’s dress, but thought the dress otherwise was really nice.I don’t think bare arms make a woman look vulnerable, Michelle Obama always wore that look.I liked the red colour too, although it did clash horribly with Mealania’s dress.
Someone in public life who always looks fantastic, great style, innate chic, but is definitely more than a “clothes horse” is head of the IMF Christine Lagarde.
I agree Grandma70s Melania may have looked attractive but she certainly did not look happy. TM always dresses appropriately ( apart from that split dress) and concentrates on the job in hand. We may or may not agree with her but she has an excellent work ethic.
I am no fan of Mrs. May’s politics, but looking good is not her job. It is, on the other hand, Melania’s job. That’s what she’s there for, as a decorative accessory. She is 48, trying to look 17. Theresa just looks like a normal, imperfect 61-year-old woman who has more to her life than being an ornament. At least she has a brain, and today she is wearing flat shoes, which is good to see. .
You may think this sour grapes, but in my experience tall women can often have a tendency to stoop slightly as if they are afraid of standing out or if their menfolk are smaller. One exception was of course Carla Sarkozy but she frequently wore flats or kitten heels. I am sad that TM doesn’t stand up straighter, wear higher heels and look less submissive. Whether or not I agree with her, body language is so important. She has nothing to lose! As to her dress sense, she has frequently gone for quirky items in the past rather than safe Home Counties suits and pearls (remember the brown leather trousers?) and I assume she has a personal stylist. I would love to dress her as I think I have a good eye for what suits other people - rather better than what suits me at 5’2 and tending to Winnie the Pooh dimensions!
It is tricky to get the right length of split in a straight skirt. If the skirt is quite tight and the slit is not long enough, a woman with long legs would not be able to walk properly.
I too thought Melania Trump looked lovely, she is a beautiful woman.
Exactly my thoughts Granny sue hence not wanting to sound unkind,I have developed something of a dowagers hump through Spondylitis amongst other health issues.
However that dress with no sleeves did not do much for her although I think most other times she wears nice suitable clothes.......not particularly eye catching, but then her shoes do that!
I believe Theresa May is possibly affected by a spinal problem such as scoliosis. She has a definate 'dowagers hump' and does appear to walk bent forward.
TM is a Type 1 Diabetic, and I have to say I admire her stamina and work ethic because it can't be easy jetting about all over the place, whatever you think of her politics, and coping with meals out when she has to monitor insulin. However, I don't think this is anything to do with her posture, and I think she needs someone to tell her that first impressions and body language are very important.
I watched a fascinating documentary years ago about "tells" and analysis of the tells between George Bush and Tony Blair. TM needs to examine her tells.
Re her fashion, she obviously likes shoes from past photos.
Purple when those photos re-emerged during the US election campaign, including ones of her totally nude, Trump brushed it aside saying 'it's artistic, something Europeans do' !
Melania was a model so knows how to carry herself - I do like her clothes and think she always looks good. I'm comfortable commenting on her looks as this is a style & beauty thread!
As for Theresa May - she's worn that dress before and it's not a good look for her. Whether we like it or not people in the public eye are open to scrutiny on what they wear. It's not completely sexist, men have to wear 'power' suits with appropriate tie, etc.
A sleeveless dress in that situation made her look somehow 'vulnerable' and weak. Merkle or Thatcher would never have worn such an outfit.