I haven't worn shorts for years, but in this heat, trousers are so hot.
They are 1950s style, tailored, dark navy but with a tie belt (not a draw string), with a skirt silhouette but clearly shorts. really quite smart
I have them on this morning and they are so cool. I am not sure whether I would wear them out, unless by the sea but for house and garden wear they are perfect. Thankfully my legs are still in good order and can stand scrutiny.
Flaxseed I am in France at the moment and I bought them in a sports chain here called Decathlon. It does have branches in the UK. There is one near me in Oxford. The labels on mine include the English as well as French size so may be.
I wear shorts more now than I used to (though don’t go out far in them). I’ve come to the conclusion that no one is really going to take that much notice of what my legs look like despite the thread veins! It’s probably me that thinks they look worse than they perhaps do. Anyway, they are so much cooler than trousers at the moment! ?
You are quite correct old batty I am a nasty piece of work. No more to be said really. It must be wonderful to be totally non judgemental. What’s your secret?
Actually, Jane10, I do look behind me, and think I’m ok, thank you very much. ? Now leggings on me, that’s another story - I look like a stick insect!!
ffinnochio ? I find shorts so much easier & more comfortable when working/lazing in the garden; floaty dresses & skirts don't quite cut it for me when I'm cutting back the undergrowth, swinging from a ladder or lounging on the sunbed. I'd feel obliged to slap on the full face paint to compliment the look
I don't wear them. My legs are not fit to be seen by other members of the human race. Lots of varicose veins and a huge swollen foot from when I broke it. I also wear a tubigrip on the swelling a lot of the time. That is hot!!!
I'm over 60 and I have lived in shorts and a strappy vest, or strapless top, every day for weeks. I put a top with wider straps on if I have to go into town but for gardening and dog-walking, nobody needs to worry what I look like. I have some elastic waisted Reebok and Adidas shorts, and a linen pair from the charity shop. My legs aren't bad, a short scar and a few broken veins but they're slim, toned and this year they're tanned too.
Well Grans. Want a laugh? Guess what I'm wearing? Yes shorts. Well shorts of a sort. As some of you may know, I recently had a total knee replacement op. I have long scar down my knee. It's very sensitive to the feel of anything on it. I had a brainwave this morning and cut the legs off an old pair of stretchy cotton trousers. Result - a pair of longish shorts. I look appalling I them! Of course nobody must ever see me wearing them (DH and DD are away) and I'll deny that I have them if anyone asks!!
I have plenty of personal pride thank you very much! However it goes out of the window on a hot sticky summer's day when I don't give a t* * * about how I look or whoever sees me. At least I don't hide behind closed doors pretending I'm not actually wearing 'shorts' . Come on Jane10 selfie time...