Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Eugenie's Dress [Title edited by GNHQ]

(167 Posts)
mrsmopp Sat 13-Oct-18 11:24:37

I thought she looked great. She has lost a lot of weight and I really liked her dress, with the flattering shape. No veil, just a tiara keeping it more simple. She looked so happy.
Best of luck to them.

felice Sat 13-Oct-18 11:28:51

Eugenics ??????

NanaandGrampy Sat 13-Oct-18 12:48:21

I thought her dress was lovely .

mcem Sat 13-Oct-18 12:53:53

I've now read Eugenics and Eugene!
Mind you I just posted about autucorrect so can't criticise anyone's fat finger syndrome!

maddyone Sat 13-Oct-18 13:23:36

The dress was beautiful, it suited her. She looked lovely.

ginny Sat 13-Oct-18 13:27:29

Yes , beautiful dress. Loved the tiara and the simplicity of no veil.

Charleygirl5 Sat 13-Oct-18 13:31:53

I thought that she looked radiant, she was so happy and her dress was beautiful.

ninathenana Sat 13-Oct-18 13:34:11

Beautiful ! I loved the tiara too.
Apparently she was planning to wear a veil but decided not to because it was so windy.

PECS Sat 13-Oct-18 13:37:52

Ooh! thos reporters you just can't trust them! I read she chose not to wear a veil so her scoliosis scar was visible. shock

GrannyGravy13 Sat 13-Oct-18 13:56:55

Pecs I also heard she wanted her scar to be seen, she had the surgeons who operated on her as guests apparently.

ninathenana Sat 13-Oct-18 14:01:44

Yes I've since read that. Well done her.

It was a BBC news commentator that said it was down to the weather as she walked up the steps and they were arranging her train. Presumptious on his part !

Bagatelle Sat 13-Oct-18 14:25:19

The train was the long bit at the back of the dress.

Jalima1108 Sat 13-Oct-18 15:23:16

The train was the long bit at the back of the dress.
Yes, it was.

annodomini Sat 13-Oct-18 15:50:03

IMHO, wedding veils are an anachronism. I suppose they have been a symbol of the modesty of the bride and it wasn't until the vows had been made and the couple pronounced 'man and wife' that the husband could put aside the veil. 48 years ago, I did have a veil but refused to put it over my face as everyone knew that I wasn't in the least modest! So let's hope that future brides follow Eugenie's example and do away with false modesty.

mrsmopp Sat 13-Oct-18 15:54:05

I see that Fergie is back 'in with the in crowd' again.
I wonder if she will get back with Andrew and we could have another Royal wedding?
Didn't the children look fabulous!

Mapleleaf Sat 13-Oct-18 17:03:13

I didn't wear a veil either, and that was over 30 years ago. It would have hidden the beautiful detailing on the back of the dress if I had done. ?

Mapleleaf Sat 13-Oct-18 17:03:53

Posted too soon. Also wanted to add that I thought Eugenie looked beautiful.

Mapleleaf Sat 13-Oct-18 17:08:39

I think it would have been most odd and wrong if Sarah hadn't been allowed to be "back in with the crowd again" on this occasion. She is Mother of the bride, and much loved by her daughter, so had every right to be there in pride of place. ?
I think she and Prince Andrew still hold a torch for each other, so who knows, maybe at some time in the future they will re-marry?

PamelaJ1 Sat 13-Oct-18 17:14:45

I haven’t seen much about the wedding, only a few photos in our paper. All of them lovely except the one of Sarah.
Considering the amount of snaps these photographers take I’m sure they could have found a much nicer one.
Shame on them.

MawBroon Sat 13-Oct-18 18:25:31

“Eugenics dress”
Conjures up a weird and wonderful image gringrin

annsixty Sat 13-Oct-18 19:01:22

I too noticed that the worst shot of the Duchess of York that could be found was the one most used.
I am not fond of her but we should have a level playing field.
I have always thought that she and her H do live together on the qt, I may be wrong.
I loved the dress and the bride looked beautiful and very happy.

Jalima1108 Sat 13-Oct-18 19:08:10

She looked just fine (Duchess I mean) but could have worn a necklace or pendant.
Just my own thought.

Jalima1108 Sat 13-Oct-18 19:09:12

I think she and Prince Andrew still hold a torch for each other, so who knows, maybe at some time in the future they will re-marry?
After the demise of FIL?
It's rather sad if that is the case.

Anniebach Sat 13-Oct-18 19:11:37

Sarah lives with Andrew in Royal Lodge , Windsor, they have done for several years

BlueBelle Sat 13-Oct-18 19:18:47

Sarah looked good I thought
Andrew obviously doesn’t have a problem with her I think they ve been together for years on the quiet The girls love her so what’s to worry about I hope that Sarah and Andrew are together he wasn’t exactly a saint either I don’t think Sarah has aged better than him although he has kept more hair than most of the others