Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

L'Occitane

(48 Posts)
Hathori Fri 04-Jan-19 22:13:57

Has anyone used L'Occitane Divine Harmony serum - how did you like it? Did it help you skin?

MissAdventure Fri 04-Jan-19 22:16:50

It sounds beautiful, like a magic potion. smile
Let's hope it is!

Hathori Fri 04-Jan-19 22:41:36

It does - but is it?! Would you pay for it? I want it but I hesitate..

MissAdventure Sat 05-Jan-19 01:14:54

How much is it?
I know I probably wouldn't even consider anything above 10 pounds, but that's due to me being poor and more than a touch miserly into the bargain.
Are you able to get a sample to try, if its very expensive?

GabriellaG54 Sat 05-Jan-19 02:26:00

I trawl the websites of the products I like, L'Occitane hand cream, Kiehl's moisturiser, Armani Code perfume etc. Then I look on eBay to see who is selling the original product in unopened packaging at a price I want to pay.
My Armani eau di parfum was £38.50 for 75ml. free p&p. (RRP about £70)
Pivoine hand cream £8 for 2x 30ml (usually £8-£11 each) and Kiehl's SPF30 Ultra Facial Moisturiser 125ml was 17.00 (usually £26-£30) are some examples. I rarely pay full price. After Christmas is a good time to stock up as people sell products/gifts they don't want. grin

GabriellaG54 Sat 05-Jan-19 02:27:10

*Eau DE parfum, not di.

GabriellaG54 Sat 05-Jan-19 02:39:32

On eBay. Hugely expensive £130+
Found some samples on eBay for 99p.

NotAGran55 Sat 05-Jan-19 06:15:26

Yes I tried it and it was too rich and I came out in spots .

crystaltipps Sat 05-Jan-19 06:26:30

If you go in the shop they will often give you free samples. I bought some of their verbena hand cream ( lovely) and got loads of little samples.

Hathori Sat 05-Jan-19 08:07:36

The hand cream is lovely. I've had samples and they don't bring me out in spots but you don't get enough to see if it helps wrinkles smile It's just so expensive but other women pay a lot for botox and beauty treatments so....

crystaltipps Sat 05-Jan-19 08:15:34

If you sign up to their email newsletter you get 20% off vouchers. Treat yourself - tell yourself it’s a present to yourself...

J52 Sat 05-Jan-19 08:22:45

After hearing great things about the serum, I have just treated myself to this. It’s only day two so nothing to report yet! I get the feeling it’s more about preventing more wrinkles rather than curing the ones already there. ?

I usually buy cheapest moisturiser £5-10 mark, but I heard such good reports from different sources.
It’s very thick, so you only need a small amount. I do like their products. Thanks for the tip about the news letter.

Anja Sat 05-Jan-19 08:44:40

You cannot get rid of wrinkles. We are all being conned into buying expensive lotions, serums and creams.

Alygran Sat 05-Jan-19 08:46:15

A small pot of the Creme was in the marks and spencer advent calendar. This may be where the eBay samples are from. Haven’t tried it yet!

annsixty Sat 05-Jan-19 09:31:22

I have used it Alygran and it is lovely to use.
My skin is the same age as me ie very old and nothing is going to make me young again but the wrinkles felt very moisturized and if I could afford the £70+ for a full sized pot I think I would buy it.

Hathori Sat 05-Jan-19 09:47:19

Many thanks, I will try it smile

Missfoodlove Sat 05-Jan-19 11:01:31

I got a pot as a present, it’s good but the Avon 50 plus products are better and less expensive.

Kalu Sat 05-Jan-19 11:42:48

Thanks for the eBay link Gabriella

It’s a site I have never explored until I saw your eau de parfum link. I wear two perfumes, Coco/Lalique. Both are ££££’s. cheaper and I will buy them from here in future?

GabriellaG54 Sat 05-Jan-19 11:51:21

Kalu
Glad to help. smile

Nonnie Sat 05-Jan-19 12:39:41

I read a report about all the cosmetic fakes on Ebay, how can you tell if you are buying a genuine product? Obviously the photo they post will be of the real thing.

nightowl Sat 05-Jan-19 12:48:46

When you realise L'Occitane is sold in China and tested on animals, it suggests there is nothing beautiful about it. Can it be worth all that suffering just to make a few old ladies like us feel a bit better about our wrinkles?

Jalima1108 Sat 05-Jan-19 13:09:23

A small pot of the Creme was in the marks and spencer advent calendar. This may be where the eBay samples are from. Haven’t tried it yet!
Ah yes, that's where I recognised the name from Alygran

I haven't tried it yet either; it's a very small pot so just a 'tempter' to encourage you to buy more!

Jalima1108 Sat 05-Jan-19 13:14:25

nightowl your post is rather ambiguous

All of L'Occitane's products are developed and produced from its base in Manosque, where 1,000 employees work. The company sources the majority of its production from Provence and one of their main product l'Immortelle plants (Helichrysum italicum) from Corsica from producers who rely on traditional production methods.

L’OCCITANE does not and has never tested its products, its active ingredients or its raw materials on animals at any point in the product development or manufacturing process.

L’OCCITANE is fundamentally committed to the abolition of animal testing of beauty products worldwide. In China, where our products are retailed, the local Chinese authorities request testing on some cosmetic products sold on the Chinese market, as they view it as the best way to safeguard their consumers’ safety. Our company does not conduct those tests; they are done by Chinese laboratories, approved by local authorities on a limited animal panel.

Unless you purchase the products imported into China, which is fairly unlikely unless you live there or visit there, then they have not been tested on animals.

MissAdventure Sat 05-Jan-19 13:18:28

If you buy from a company which sells to China, then you're supporting animal testing, in a roundabout way.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 05-Jan-19 13:56:44

Unfortunately all "high end" cosmetic companies want to get their products into the growing Chinese market. To do this they have to agree to have their products tested on animals in China.

It is virtually impossible to find a cosmetic company that does not adhere to this, unless it is a small local one with no intentions of exporting to China.