Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Thread Lift?

(40 Posts)
oldgimmer1 Mon 11-Feb-19 11:32:53

I'm approaching 60. I have good skin, am fit and slimmish and generally look after myself.

I've discounted a facelift on the grounds of being too invasive and considering a thread lift instead. I'm working full time, and feel unable to commit to the recovery tine needed for a facelift.

Anyone have any experiences of thread lift?

Thanks.

oldgimmer1 Mon 25-Feb-19 10:51:03

Thanks for that @blondenana. I'm going to take a good look later. smile.

blondenana Mon 25-Feb-19 12:39:28

MacCavity what does the treatment entail, does your skin scab, ? its not like the HIFU is it obviously or you wouldnt need down time
My photo is quite flattering, apart from the cheeks,i still have some lines round mouth that i hate too
Do you have the name of website that i could look it up on?

MacCavity2 Mon 25-Feb-19 16:16:18

blondenana I believe there are many different makes of lasers which are offered by good clinics. The laser my clinic uses is the Lynton resurFACE. I didn’t find the treatment unpleasant but ice packs are needed immediately after as it feels like bad sunburn. Cream is applied which helps but I needed to reapply quite often in the first 24 hours. Then it turns into tiny pin prick size brown dots which eventually fall off. God this sounds horrendous but I’ve done it now and the first thing I noticed after the first treatment is large pores have disappeared. If I’ve not put you off let me know if you need any more information.

blondenana Mon 25-Feb-19 19:42:59

MacCavity thank you, i have had a google about lasers earlier and found several ,all different,one which had a kind of metal stick thing which under the skin and another on top of the skin
Also one which was like a HIFU or Ultherapy one, which i have had,,didnt make any difference at all as far as i can sere
I will look at the Lynton one, thank you,
I doubt anything will help my turkey neck except surgery which i couldnt afford if i wanted it, and probably too old now anyway

blondenana Sun 03-Mar-19 09:31:30

oldgimmer1 i have removed my photo now assuming you will have seen it

oldgimmer1 Mon 04-Mar-19 10:16:48

Thanks @blonde.

Yes, I've seen it.

Thanks all for the useful comments.

Another source I've found useful is Realself.

Lots of before and after photos there but not based in UK.

blondenana Wed 06-Mar-19 12:29:28

Some of the posters are from the UK on realself,Oldgimmer but i think most are US based

Framilode Wed 06-Mar-19 16:13:07

Article by a doctor in the Daily Fail a few months ago saying the only face cream that really works is retinol. Only available on prescription here and really pricey. It can be bought over the counter or by the net in Spain from the farmacias without prescription for about 20 euros. It's name is Retirides.

blondenana Thu 07-Mar-19 20:10:31

I have got some from Spain ,got my son to send it as he lives there its about 16Euros
I only use it about once a week, not seen any difference yet, but its a bit drying

blondenana Thu 07-Mar-19 20:21:08

Although retinol does:nt prevent sagging , just good for skin

ZoyaPagut Wed 31-Jul-19 11:12:24

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

blondenana Thu 01-Aug-19 13:24:51

Where are they based ZoyaPagut? and no prices, it is obviously foreign, so might cost a lot to ring and might not understand English, unless they have an English outlet

Peonyrose Sat 10-Aug-19 17:49:43

I wouldn't have anything done myself, but must admit I would like my neck done. People will just have to put up with my gradually aging face as I will.

lipdoctor Wed 23-Oct-19 07:18:59

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.