Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Look Fabulous Forever

(34 Posts)
NotAGran55 Sat 02-Mar-19 14:19:22

Has anyone been to the pop-up shop or had a makeover there ?

Quite tempted to try it ahead of a family wedding .

rubysong Mon 10-Jun-19 18:57:05

When I was (briefly) blonde I saw a photo in the paper of Grayson Perry; we could have been sisters!

Yorksherlass Mon 10-Jun-19 21:23:59

I bought and tried it, wasn’t for me, sent it back.

Bordersgirl57 Sun 16-Jun-19 12:27:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EllanVannin Sun 16-Jun-19 14:40:46

Years ago I had a makeover which was an Estee Lauder promotion at Lewis's in Liverpool. I felt a million dollars and the transformation was such that I didn't recognise myself when I looked in the mirror----------sadly, nobody else recognised me either as H said when I got in " did you bring anything for tea ?"

Peonyrose Mon 17-Jun-19 19:54:40

I can't believe whose looking at me when I look in the mirror.

Oldfossil Mon 24-Jun-19 00:17:59

I haven’t worn makeup for decades not on principle, and definitely not because I am lovely without it but just because, when I did dabble with makeup, I couldn’t see any improvement. Rather than making me prettier, it made me look like a man in drag. Once, years ago, realising that I was inept at the application process, I had makeup professionally applied. When asked for a reaction, my husband gazed at me slowly before saying, thoughtfully,
‘ Well....you look very...orange..’ I didn’t try again!

Daisymae Mon 24-Jun-19 08:59:09

I like the concept and the colour however I didn't find the quality great. Makeover is a good Idea though and a nice day out!

trisher Mon 24-Jun-19 09:49:48

I'm disappointed! When I saw the title of this thread I hoped it was going to give me some sort of magic formula, now I find it's just a sort of advert for some make-up and a place I can't get to. I should be old enough to know better hmm