Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

How many lippies?

(38 Posts)
CanadianGran Tue 12-Mar-19 19:07:56

I just finished a Clinique Chubby Stick this morning, and made a mental note to pick up another.
When I really had a good look in my make up drawer I counted 10 different lippies.

BUT....
some true full coverage lipstick in evening colours.
some in summer choral colours
a few glosses a bit 'sticky' but ok for evening.

For fun, how many lipstick/gloss/balm do you have?

Just remembered one I keep in my purse. That makes 11!

Gonegirl Tue 12-Mar-19 19:10:45

I've got the stubby end of one. Had it years. Rarely use it. I should. I definitely look better with it.

tanith Tue 12-Mar-19 19:17:52

I have two but I rarely use them.

CanadianGran Tue 12-Mar-19 19:23:47

oops, my spelling error... coral, not choral!

M0nica Tue 12-Mar-19 19:33:28

3 in England 2 in France and 1 in my handbag. All of them rarely used.

SueDonim Tue 12-Mar-19 19:40:42

Half a dozen, I'd say without checking. Two reds, a Chanel glossy one and a Mac matt version. A pink from M&S which is almost finished and they don't stock now. sad A pink Guerlian to replace the M&S one.

A No 7 plum pink for winter evening wear, not that I go out much on winter evenings now.

An orange/coral/pink for spring wear, Clinique.

Also a pink Clinique Chubby but I don't like it much as it feels sticky.

BlueBelle Tue 12-Mar-19 20:00:17

Two stubby bits left in my make up bag both the same colour must have bought and started number 2 before I threw No 1 out.... just in case
I don’t do much make up One mascara wand , one eye liner, two lippies both the same that’s it

GrannyGravy13 Tue 12-Mar-19 20:26:17

2 in handbag, 5 in bathroom use all of them, always wear lippy

KatyK Tue 12-Mar-19 20:57:46

About 25. Only because I buy them and then don't like them. No expensive ones.

FlexibleFriend Tue 12-Mar-19 21:03:22

About 3 and all pretty similar in colour, I don't like glossy lipsticks or ones that are obvious colours. Mine are all lip colour rather than reds, pinks, oranges etc. I like the natural look.

Chewbacca Tue 12-Mar-19 21:20:59

1 Bare Minerals Marvellous Moxie in my handbag that I use all the time.
3 Clinique lipsticks in my makeup box that I rarely use.
1 Boots No7 that I should chuck out because its like using a tube of Polycell

lemongrove Tue 12-Mar-19 21:40:59

About 15 at a guess.
I did go through them a few months ago and threw a few out that were down to stubs.
All kinds of makes, from very expensive (gifts) to Rimmel.

Greyduster Tue 12-Mar-19 21:47:09

I have two - somewhere! Can’t remember the last time I wore it. I go through loads of lip balm.

Badenkate Tue 12-Mar-19 21:51:34

Two which I never use. Always put mascara on though!

TwiceAsNice Tue 12-Mar-19 22:28:53

Two. Very different shades one a gloss wand and one a more conventional tube type lipstick. Don’t wear full makeup every day but always wear lippy

Coolgran65 Tue 12-Mar-19 23:22:59

About six. All the same colour. One in my bag. In kitchen. In bedroom. In bathroom. At computer. In makeup box. A friend once said ... always wear lipstick as it totally lifts your face. And so it does. Rimmel Amethyst Shimmer. Can only find it on line these days.

KatyK Wed 13-Mar-19 09:47:00

I agree with that Coolgran Most of my friends don't wear lipstick, even if they wear make up. I feel pastey-faced without my lippy.

Urmstongran Wed 13-Mar-19 10:01:03

Oh I love lipstick! I have just counted 17 here .... and I know I have about a dozen over in our apartment in Malaga.
?
I don’t ever go out without some on, mascara and tinted moisturiser too. I’ve always put on make up before going outside. I used to work in an office and 5 minutes prep just became my routine!

jusnoneed Wed 13-Mar-19 10:15:43

1 that I use maybe three/four times a year. I used to always wear makeup, lippy/eye shadow/mascara/powder, but over the years I have stopped bothering, only time now is special do or the very occasional times when I meet friends for lunch.

BlueSapphire Sat 16-Mar-19 16:21:57

Four Chanel, two Max Factor and one Avon.
Trying to use the cheap ones up and then just stick to Chanel, as I love the feel of them, (and they look smart). And the Chanel ones last ages. Mind you, can't go past the Chanel counter in duty free without buying something!

Urmstongran Sat 16-Mar-19 16:54:10

Me neither BlueSaphire but I shall have to rein it in - it’s getting ridiculous! I’ve bought a lip brush recently to poke into the bottoms of some of the tubes - my parsimonious nature coming out. But I think I’d like to use them all up and then have say just 4 on the go - a pink, coral, red and a coffee colour. If I don’t buy any more for a couple of years I can finish the ones I have. Ive known for years that ? are one of my obsessions, along with handbags, perfume and books!

cornergran Sat 16-Mar-19 17:36:27

None - never wear lipstick. Scruff that I am grin.

MamaCaz Sat 16-Mar-19 17:49:23

Just one.

Rosina Sat 16-Mar-19 17:59:52

Far too many; not that I am obsessed with lipstick, it's just that on many days I look like a lightly warmed corpse without some, in spite of foundation, blusher and a little eye makeup, but I can't seem to buy a colour that I really like. They look fine in the shop, I use the tester on my wrist, buy the colour and then when I put it on at home there is usually a wail of disappointment.

BBbevan Sat 16-Mar-19 19:35:29

2 balms, 1 lippy