Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

What I miss wearing - age related

(160 Posts)
suziewoozie Wed 12-Jun-19 12:10:21

Sleeveless dresses

newgran2019 Mon 08-Jul-19 14:30:28

I expect you're right, Poppyred, but as I lack confidence in so many other areas my arms seem less important! I do care what I look like to a reasonable extent, but don't think flabby arms are that bad in the general scheme of things. Well said, Phoebes.

Olderthanmost Mon 08-Jul-19 16:04:20

Saggi
What size are your boobs?

Eloethan Mon 08-Jul-19 17:38:16

High heels (though I didn't wear them that often), shorts (ditto) and bikinis (though I stopped wearing them many years ago).

I generally avoid sleevless tops but I've recently found a couple that don't look too bad. Short sleeves that are cut horizontally across at the fattest part of the upper arm are very unflattering but short sleeves on a slant (I don't know what the technical term is) or no sleeves at all are just about OK for me - especially with a bit of a tan.

tidyskatemum Mon 08-Jul-19 19:12:31

Having somewhere to go in high heels. I have one pair (now 6 years old!) that I rescue from the bottom of the wardrobe from time to time and sigh over. Whether I would actually be able to walk in them now is another matter altogether!

sharon103 Mon 08-Jul-19 19:58:17

I can't get the image of Dick Emery in his wig, coat and handbag walking in high heels up the road lol EllanVannin
I used to wear high heels and platform shoes and wedges. If only I could go back to the 70's and wear 'hotpants' again short skirts and halter neck tops and false eyelashes. Then came the midi and maxi skirts and coats. I had the figure then and weighed less. These days it's high waist jeans to hold my stomach in.

Poppyred Mon 08-Jul-19 20:04:57

Newgran2019 if it was just flab I might consider it! ??

SirChenjin Mon 08-Jul-19 21:49:46

Short skirts and shorts - my legs are covered in broken veins which have got worse as I’ve got older.

GinnyHendricks Thu 11-Jul-19 19:31:52

I’m certainly better dressed now in middle age than ever and much more confident but I did used to love doing my dramatic, verging on goth makeup in my early teens and people used to stop me to comment on my hair which was huge with so much hairspray used it was probably me who damaged the ozone layer.

Peonyrose Fri 12-Jul-19 07:11:11

Slipping into a size 10/12, short skirts and high heels and actually running for a bus in them. Now I need to drop two dress sizes and can fall over in flat shoes.?
Most if all my size 34 b bra, now 388dd and my t shirt foam lined bra resembles a hammock.