I've been wearing my hair à la Dench for several years, Phoenix and, like yours, it grows fast, especially in summer. I get it trimmed back into shape around about every 5 weeks. Leave it more than six weeks and I look like an old mop. I just get a 'dry' cut - can't stand being faffed about with - and it takes about 20 minutes and costs £10 a time so maintenance costs are low in terms of time and money.
After a lifetime of struggling to manage fine, wavy, unmanageable hair, I've come to love the convenience of a cut which needs nothing more than a run through with my fingers if I'm really pushed for time. My bet is that you'll love it, too.
Even More Word Pairs (from Aug 2025)
Alphabetical Flora (trees, flowers etc)
Write a word that begins with the first letter of the user above you
Alphabetical Fauna (mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects etc.)




