Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Wrinkles- what has happened?

(96 Posts)
MawB Sun 03-Nov-19 21:10:35

Two years ago I was under enormous stress, Paw had been seriously ill for months and who knew what the future held.
He died that November so I was not at all surprised that it showed in my face.
Two years on I seem to have aged a whole lot more and hardly dare look in the mirror, without recoiling at the wrinkles.
When did my age (71) catch up with me?

Callistemon Mon 04-Nov-19 20:26:52

He's watching eagles eating fruit bats now ....
It dropped it shock

Callistemon Mon 04-Nov-19 20:27:45

No, he wouldn't notice

MissAdventure Mon 04-Nov-19 20:29:42

grin

Shizam Mon 04-Nov-19 20:36:09

As a child, I was fascinated by an aunt’s droopy lines from her mouth. Made a scowly face even when she was happy. Also a friend of mum’s who had magnificent wobbly bits on upper arms. I was certainly not critical of either, just, as I say, fascinated. Now I have both. ? Hopefully, others are as uncritical of me as I was when young!

Photocrazy Mon 04-Nov-19 20:39:33

LullyDully and Yorsherlass,
I thought I saw my sister in a shop window the other day and she is 15 years older than me!! Look.

PamelaJ1 Mon 04-Nov-19 20:41:20

Marmight, is it a faradic machine or maybe micro current?

Marmight Mon 04-Nov-19 21:00:21

Will do Photo!
Yes, Pamela it’s micro current - interesting shape ?

MawB Mon 04-Nov-19 21:12:46

Are you sure it’s for your neck? blushblush

MissAdventure Mon 04-Nov-19 21:17:20

grin

Callistemon Mon 04-Nov-19 21:19:15

Does it get rid of batwings Marmight?

Marmight Mon 04-Nov-19 21:49:31

I’ll let you know Callistemon. Give me a week or so ??
Very sure Maw. I’ll let you have a shot once Ive finished with it ?

Photocrazy Mon 04-Nov-19 22:25:31

Should have read oooooh not look!

Callistemon Mon 04-Nov-19 22:34:40

I'm sure these yoga face exercises are giving me more wrinkles.
Those deep 'smoker's lines round my mouth were never there this morning.
(I don't smoke btw)

MissAdventure Mon 04-Nov-19 22:48:35

I swear I've eaten so much in the past two years that my mouth has stretch marks around it!

Purplepoppies Tue 05-Nov-19 10:11:35

The best thing about having a few extra pounds is there's no wrinkles on balloons apparently ????

narrowboatnan Tue 05-Nov-19 15:39:47

CrazyH I look like Myra Hindley without my glasses! Yikes!

GeorgyGirl Tue 05-Nov-19 17:15:28

Lemongrove grin

Daisyboots Wed 06-Nov-19 13:20:07

I still dont have many wrinkles at 75 but maybe the fat keeps them away. But since having chemo this year my jowls (or it could be my cheeks) are heading south and with no hair I looked like Uncle Fester from the Addans family. The other day a new emoji popped up on Messenger and it looks just like me. Now I have a white cap of hair about half an inch long so cant hide behind it. Still I am alive and that's what's important.

Jane43 Sat 09-Nov-19 19:03:21

I had a course of radiotherapy after a lumpectomy last December and I think it did take a toll on my skin. I did follow the advice to moisturise twice a day and drink plenty of water and I always had oily skin when I was younger so it’s not too drastic. I am shrinking height wise as well and a couple of weeks ago I was getting on the bus behind a tall young man. I looked at the reflection in the glass of the bus door and thought, ‘Who’s that little old lady?’ before realising it was me. On the plus side I went to the GP about my prolapse and while she was waiting for me to get undressed she went to see if I had had a recent smear test. I am 76 and stopped having them at 64 so that was a bit of a boost.

JackyB Sat 09-Nov-19 22:25:47

This thread has been giving me plenty of facial gymnastics to ward off the wrinkles - thanks everyone!!!!! wink