Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Lurkers' week: What’s the one beauty/grooming product you can’t live without?

(93 Posts)
CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 10-Mar-20 09:27:02

(We’ve picked up loads of great recommendations from gransnetters over the years - thank you - so very much looking forward to adding to our lists. This despite the fact we had some nasty near-injuries with the hair plucking spring thing that was very en vogue on the forums a few years back)

FruityGrann Tue 10-Mar-20 10:05:55

hello long time lurker here, finally posting for the first time smile my favourite beauty product is definitely mascara I never go out without it.

M0nica Tue 10-Mar-20 10:35:55

Pure Nuff Stuff Moisteriser.

Nortsat46 Tue 10-Mar-20 10:53:10

YSL mascara. (I took a chance and bought a Burberry one this week, but I always seem to go back to YSL).

Chanel no19 perfume. (I first used it in 1977, my partner bought it for me, at a time when we could ill afford perfume and I have used it ever since. I know it sounds a bit pathetic when you write it down like that ... but I have no plans to change)

Dee1012 Tue 10-Mar-20 11:00:03

A good gel eyeliner.....I'm a massive fan of tightlining, so wouldn't be without it.

Annapops Tue 10-Mar-20 11:16:56

Blusher. I have such pale skin that I look ill without it.

cangran Tue 10-Mar-20 11:31:43

Mascara - but still on the quest for the perfect one, at a reasonable price, that just tints, doesn't promise to add volume (i.e. clumps).

Tamd Tue 10-Mar-20 11:36:26

Got to be lippy to add some colour and always lifts me up. Topped with Lipcote which makes my lipstick last all day. ??

Noreen3 Tue 10-Mar-20 11:36:37

moisturiser,I try different ones,often use Avon,I love their perfume too.I wear a little makeup,but never mascara

AnnieGleave1 Tue 10-Mar-20 11:38:20

Camouflage cream is a must !

dproff Tue 10-Mar-20 11:44:25

Got to be lipstick as brightens up your face

MarinaL Tue 10-Mar-20 11:48:37

Hi there, first post of a lurker of several months. Make up is my best friend but I am sat here trying to decide on just one , which is pretty difficult but I guess it would have to be Revlon eyeliner. It makes such a difference to my small eyes. Enjoy reading all your posts by the way!

Angelwings Tue 10-Mar-20 11:48:45

Lipstick, because even if you have no other makeup on it makes you look as if you have made an effort ? it’s also moisturising and protective against the elements.
I love a bright red myself.

Scribbles Tue 10-Mar-20 11:50:49

My epilator - the only thing that prevents me looking like Prince Just-call-me Harry.

Northernandproud Tue 10-Mar-20 11:56:30

Charlotte Tilbury mascara
Mac foundation
And shay and blue perfume

Phloembundle Tue 10-Mar-20 11:59:35

Mascara for my piggy eyelashes. Have to use waterproof due to watery eyes. Used Max Factor for years but was having increasing difficulty getting it to go on my ever sparse eyelashes, so tried a Maybelline. Oh joy! So much easier.

Mollygo Tue 10-Mar-20 11:59:57

Not a lurker, though a big welcome to all. Moisturiser-it promises fewer wrinkles. With the number of wrinkles I can see, I’d probably look like a prune without it!

Yve1 Tue 10-Mar-20 12:01:52

I don't wear a lot of make up nowadays but I do wear mascara a couple of times a week. Currently I have a lovely one from Younique Products called Moodstruck Epic 4d which is nice and easy to apply unlike some I have tried.

What I can't live without though is Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. I use it every night and it removes any make up easily and the aroma is soothing and natural. I have sensitive skin and I have never had a flare up from this product.

Paperbackwriter Tue 10-Mar-20 12:23:56

I don't feel human till I've put some liner on my lower eyelids. The best one I've found (after lots of trial and error) is actually the Autograph kohl pencil from M&S, though I do have a Chanel one that's quite good, if a tad blotchy in hot weather. I never wear mascara - Don't like the craggy feeling it gives and it's not great with contact lenses.
Other than that - Elemis moisturiser.

Paperbackwriter Tue 10-Mar-20 12:24:28

Claggy - not craggy! Damn autocorrect!

Pattie47 Tue 10-Mar-20 12:25:07

Which Maybelline mascara is it you use please Phloembundle?There are several types.

t42and24t Tue 10-Mar-20 12:27:32

Clarins beauty flash balm !!

Gymstagran Tue 10-Mar-20 12:29:12

Occassional poster, mainly a lurker. My one necessary product is hair oil. Wash my hair too frequently due to activity in gym and it gets very dry

Mazamet07 Tue 10-Mar-20 12:30:37

Now I am 'of that age' where I cannot see my thinning eyebrows, I find that I am relying more and more on an eyebrow pencil. My daughter swears by Benefit, so that will be my next treat.

Morgie52 Tue 10-Mar-20 12:35:26

Waterproof mascara closely followed by foundation.