Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

How is your hair doing?

(61 Posts)
craftyone Fri 08-May-20 17:27:02

Mine was fine for weeks but is starting to look unkempt. Short hair and now too long but not long enough to do anything with. The side bits are sticking out and so is the bottom of the back and the top is heavy. Too much for me to do anything with now, so it will have to be a 50s cloth hairband very soon.

My hairdresser is re-thinking her life and is enjoying the certainty of working in a supermarket, I hope she comes back but may never, Argh

MamaCaz Fri 08-May-20 17:43:34

My hair is doing really well - assuming that its aim is to get as thick as it can as quickly as it can. Its ultimate aim would appear to be the scarecrow style, and its nearly there now.?

Seriously though, considering I last had it cut in January, it's done really well until this last week, but has now reached the point where it is starting to grow ourwards rather than downwards. Unfortunately, I've always had hair with a mind of its own.

Missfoodlove Fri 08-May-20 17:52:18

I’m so pleased, online hair colour from ESalon applied by OH is great!
Growing out my fringe and using the drawer of hair tools I’ve purchased over the years!

phoenix Fri 08-May-20 17:54:40

cratfyone snap!

Lollin Fri 08-May-20 17:54:43

Still thinning to the point I now admit to myself I'm losing it as it's past thinning. On the positive side, no one will recognise me when we reach the new normal.

craftyone Fri 08-May-20 18:08:34

saved a bit haven`t we?

kittylester Fri 08-May-20 18:09:44

Beeping awful!!

I have highlights so cant add colour and the worrying thing is my fringe is still the same colour even though I've cut it twice.

BlueBelle Fri 08-May-20 18:10:42

Thick and too long for me I keep mine pretty short

GagaJo Fri 08-May-20 18:11:33

Mine is varying shades of orange, peach and ginger. Two inch grey roots and the texture of straw.

Wonder why I didn't get the last job I interviewed for?

Loislovesstewie Fri 08-May-20 18:14:09

Mine was in a bob; now tied back as I am fed up of trying to get it to behave!

Chestnut Fri 08-May-20 18:28:04

Mine has turned into a haystack. Similar to the picture, but not such a good look with the wrinkled face of a 70 year old under the hair!

I usually have a fringe, but now I can't see because it's so long. I must be brave enough to get the scissors out!

Nortsat Fri 08-May-20 18:28:55

Getting too long.
I can’t have my lovely mobile hairdresser visit until ‘shielding’ ends (hopefully the end of June) - by which time it will be looking ridiculous.

I have to have Zoom or Skype meetings regularly for work and I will eventually begin to feel slightly self conscious...

Chestnut Fri 08-May-20 18:32:00

Nortsat - you can always brush it into shape and spray it heavily before the meeting. At least it will hold it in place for that moment.

TrendyNannie6 Fri 08-May-20 18:35:23

Was quite short and in what I concerned a nice style, but now much longer still in shape, more of a Bob style, quite like the longer me, except it could do with a trim, looking forward to it getting longer so I can put it up like I used to when much younger,

Dollymc1 Fri 08-May-20 18:38:12

My bob has disappeared...
I sometimes put it up in a French roll to keep it off my face and decided to trim it last week, as the ends were looking raggy. I think I still need a bit more off...
I've bought a Nice and Easy to sort out the roots

seacliff Fri 08-May-20 18:48:42

Mine is very thick, wavy and bushy, and is a shortish bob, so it all sticks out like a scarecrow. Also colour is a rainbow mix of grey, silver, faded brown, bleached blond. It feels nice and soft though. I spray my roots before a zoom meeting. It is quite freeing in a way, to let it just do its thing.

pinkprincess Fri 08-May-20 19:05:42

Mine is terrible

grannyrebel7 Fri 08-May-20 19:14:12

I've started to look like an aging hippie!smile

Whitewavemark2 Fri 08-May-20 19:45:01

I’m trying to adopt curtains like we had in the 60/70s but it is too thin to be anything but a few of strands either side. The sides are just sort of sticking out and the back seems to be growing quicker than the sides.

Sark Fri 08-May-20 19:53:59

Terrible and I am beginning to look like a badger!hmm

rosie1959 Fri 08-May-20 20:00:42

Definitely the long haired badger look. May start a new trend

paddyanne Fri 08-May-20 20:33:51

mine reaches my bra strap at the back ,roots are under control thanks to a spply of root touch up from Gordons the Chemist online.it has rediscovered its natural wave too which is a bit odd as I was sure all the chemicals over the decades would have meant it was long gone.Now contemplating a light perm after lockdown finishes .Bonus ,my OH loves long hair ,even if its abit blonder than I would like

Sparkling Fri 08-May-20 20:42:37

I just keep cutting my fringe, just wash it once a week now and tie it back, I would never have grown it so long had it not been for the lock down, but happy with it.

SirChenjin Fri 08-May-20 21:23:23

Not too bad which is surprising - I need to do the roots but the shape isn’t too bad as I had it cut quite short just before lockdown so it’s growing out quite nicely. Might be a completely different story in a month though!

oldgimmer1 Fri 08-May-20 21:42:12

I've cut mine (layered, choppy, short).

I was getting desperate for highlights so did some myself. It's mainly blobs and stripes going the wrong way (horizontal).

I've touched it up with a brown eyebrow pencil to evening up a bit. Not too bad now.