Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Jeggings too tight now. What's next?

(23 Posts)
NotTooOld Tue 28-Jul-20 13:28:48

I used to always wear jeggings in the winter but my legs seem to have become bigger since I had a hip replacement and I am looking for something similar but with more width in the lower leg. I have tried buying a larger size jegging but that doesn't work as the ankles are still too tight. Any recommendations, please?

grandtanteJE65 Tue 28-Jul-20 13:32:09

Try a Pakistani draper - they often have leggings with wide lower legs.

DiscoGran Fri 31-Jul-20 12:43:30

Harem pants?

MiniMoon Fri 31-Jul-20 13:02:55

Fleece lined leggings. You can find them on Anazon, Etsy and on the High Street.
My DD wears dresses in the winter, and buys lined leggings to wear under them.

MiniMoon Fri 31-Jul-20 13:03:52

Meant to say that leggings might have more give in the lower leg.

Jimjam1 Fri 31-Jul-20 13:21:27

Joggers from M/S. They do them in variety of lengths.

Puzzler61 Fri 31-Jul-20 13:24:08

I’d recommend Carrie high waisted skinny jeans in Black,
£29.50.

Read reviews on M&S site and one poster says they are not as tight in the leg as she would like - this could suit you well
NotTooOld.

They are very comfortable to wear.

Marydoll Fri 31-Jul-20 13:36:07

There is some advice here.
www.mairjoint.co.uk/prepare-ditch-skinny-jeggings/

Jane10 Fri 31-Jul-20 13:50:57

M&S joggers are great. Soft and comfortable. I live in them and have many pairs in black and navy. They go with all my various tops.

HannahLoisLuke Sat 01-Aug-20 09:29:45

I love M&S slim jeans. They're slimmer in the keg than straight jeans but a bit easier fit than skinny jeans. I can't bear feeling like I'm wearing support tights but love the slim fit look.
They do two styles, or did when I was last out shopping. One is called Slim and the other is the Lily. I prefer the Slim, mine are a charcoal colour and the fabric has a slightly suede feel. Both have stretch.

Gingergirl Sat 01-Aug-20 10:44:53

I like m and s slim fit jeans as well. I’ve got tighter ones but they feel a bit too tight. Normally the fit of anything from m and s is poor in my opinion but the jeans just seem ok.

BettyBoop49 Sat 01-Aug-20 10:48:56

Try Next. They have a great range of Stretch leggings and jeggings etc

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 01-Aug-20 10:50:09

Agree with Gingergirl, M&S should have something to fit. I have the slim fit as well.

jaylucy Sat 01-Aug-20 11:35:19

Doesn't help when they change the material they are made from !
My jeggings came from Bon Marche and contain elastane. They seemed tight round the ankles at first but after a couple of washes are great and I now wear them most of the time.
Harem pants are also tight to the ankle so not the best choice so joggers might be a better choice - if you don't like the baggy look, you can now get ones without the elastic or ribbing at the ankle that are comfortable, warm in the winter and can look smart.
Bon Marche also do slim leg jeans and straight leg jeans that come in different lengths containing elastane

H1954 Sat 01-Aug-20 12:06:01

Pr****k sell a fabulous fleece lined legging in the winter season. Very roomy around the lower leg and super, super warm.

phoenix Sat 01-Aug-20 12:16:27

Cotton Traders do jogging bottoms that don't have cuffed ankles.

Bluegrass Sat 01-Aug-20 12:38:49

Treggings are the answer. Not always available. I've previously obtained them from Sainsburys, Bon Marche and Debenhams. Search 'treggings' on their websites.

icanhandthemback Sat 01-Aug-20 13:26:05

Try straight leg joggers. They will be more forgiving. M&S do some nice ones.

lemongrove Sat 01-Aug-20 14:10:04

Jane10

M&S joggers are great. Soft and comfortable. I live in them and have many pairs in black and navy. They go with all my various tops.

Agree with you and jimjam their joggers are very comfortable, especially when having a ‘fat day’?They look fine with a longer top.

Casdon Sat 01-Aug-20 14:23:46

Just a thought, but there shouldn’t be any direct link between your hip replacement and the size of your legs increasing, is it maybe because you’re taking less exercise, or have you put weight on generally? I’d try to resolve that first rather than give up on the jeggings if you love them?

4allweknow Sat 01-Aug-20 16:32:52

Would consider why your legs are fatter at the bottom after a hip replacement. Could you be collecting fluid in your ankles? If you haven't had this checked out may be worth your while before looking for new style clothing.

blondenana Sat 08-Aug-20 23:23:51

M&S have some nice straight leg jeans, i have just bought some,and very comfortable, and not too wide
They also have some nice slim ones, a bit looser than skinnies at the ankle

NotTooOld Tue 01-Sep-20 17:44:12

Thank you so much, Gransnetters. You are all so helpful. I'm definitely looking into the M and S cotton joggers. At £12.50 they seem like a bargain and I like the idea that they are cotton, too. In the meantime I have discovered that buying jeggings in a size larger than my usual might work too.
Casdon - I usually play badminton at least twice a week but due to you-know-what I have not been able to do so since March, so that might have something to do with it!