Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Stylish jogging bottoms?

(92 Posts)
kittylester Wed 14-Oct-20 21:27:58

I usually change into jogging bottoms (non elasticated ankle types!) at home but now I wear them nearly all the time as i rarely leave the house.

I have one pair of Jersey 'loungewear' trousers which are lovely to wear as they are a bit like thicker PJ bottoms. They are lovely and relaxed but ok if someone comes round.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to buy some more.

Alexa Thu 15-Oct-20 10:03:31

Same here, Vegansrock. Their cotton goods used to be and some still are good value but their synthetic fibre clothing is over priced for the quality it is. I used to like shopping there because of its convenience in the nearby garden centre, lay out, and small size of venue with nearby clean toilet,quiet cafe, and the other nice things in the garden centre.

dragonfly46 Thu 15-Oct-20 10:08:02

I bought some from M&S recently and they went straight back. They were such bad quality.
I too am looking for some good quality ones. I have some from Mint Velvet but they are years old.
Teetime I too hate the stripe down the side and always wear a little makeup and perfume!

Lucca Thu 15-Oct-20 10:10:23

Sweaty Betty are very expensive but I have a pair (kind of yoga style) in teal which I wear for tennis and therefore wear at least three times a week and they still look great after a year. I have a. Ice blue pair from Gap too

Lucca Thu 15-Oct-20 10:11:58

Agree about m and s, had a pair years ago which Were great so tried this years version, awful fabric quality, took them back.

sandelf Thu 15-Oct-20 10:12:23

BAM stuff is good.

4allweknow Thu 15-Oct-20 10:12:42

M & S have joggers with a seam down the front, straight legged. I recently bought two pairs and they could pass for trousers. £25 a pair so not cheap, at least by my standards.

Blossoming Thu 15-Oct-20 10:13:49

I have some lovely cashmere lounging PJs from John Lewis. They’re really soft and cozy but I definitely wouldn’t call them stylish! They do have pockets though.

Kate1949 Thu 15-Oct-20 10:14:34

Cotton Traders ones are nice. I've just bought some for DH for Christmas. Quite stylish. They do a few styles, are reasonably priced and they do ladies ones too.

jaylucy Thu 15-Oct-20 10:16:23

M&S or you might like to try Bon Marche, Matalan.

Rumpunch Thu 15-Oct-20 10:16:53

M and S also do stretch pull on trousers in the trouser section. As comfortable as joggers but don't seem to 'knee' so easily. My mother always looks smart in hers whereas I look less so in my jeans!

Ashcombe Thu 15-Oct-20 10:20:53

I have several jogging suits in a range of colours from Lidl. They are velour and some have a sequin trim. Not always available but if you visit Lidl regularly you might be lucky! They are so easy to wear, wash well (inside out!) and don’t need ironing! Win, win, win!

Applegran Thu 15-Oct-20 10:31:31

Landsend Starfish straight leg trousers - lots of stretch, very comfortable, and look OK for home or going out!

Esspee Thu 15-Oct-20 10:37:34

sodapop and Phloembundle that was the first thing that popped into my head too. ?

Naesodaft Thu 15-Oct-20 10:58:18

I recently bought a pair of lounging trousers from saint and Sofia, very comfortable and smart. Baukjen also have some lovely comfy smart trousers

NanKate Thu 15-Oct-20 11:01:58

It’s all your fault Kitty. I didn’t know I wanted any joggers till you started this thread ? And how many pairs of joggers have you got Mary ?

I am just about to find my credit card trawl through all the recommendations and send the bill to MrKitty or is that a very sexist remark ? ? If it is I will send it to you Kitty.

Now I have said my piece.

Marydoll Thu 15-Oct-20 11:09:51

Kate, I couldn't possibly tell! blush

Jules59 Thu 15-Oct-20 11:14:51

Is “stylish jogging bottoms” not an oximoron ..?!

Esspee Thu 15-Oct-20 11:18:39

Join the club Jules59

Lucca Thu 15-Oct-20 11:19:28

Jules59

Is “stylish jogging bottoms” not an oximoron ..?!

Think this has been mentioned.....

craftycarol Thu 15-Oct-20 11:26:10

I bought a really smart pair from Bonmarche. Straight legs with five covered buttons at the ankles. Really comfortable and only £12.00!!!

GillT57 Thu 15-Oct-20 11:38:10

I have always hated jogging bottoms, but the prospect of a long winter without a few sunshine breaks has made me reconsider, I have been looking at the Landsend ones which don't look too bulky. I may have a look online at the M&S ones but sadly, with the exception of swimwear, everything I have ordered from M&S in the past year or so has had to be returned due to dreadful quality.

Pittcity Thu 15-Oct-20 11:38:54

We have a local independent that calls them "magic trousers".

Judi45 Thu 15-Oct-20 11:55:02

Cotton Traders is the way to go, nice straight legs & brushed cotton inside so warm & cosy. Selection of sweatshirts in great colours, too.

GrandmaMoira Thu 15-Oct-20 12:07:24

NfkDumpling - M&S also do joggers with pockets. They are £25 compared with the £12.50 for plain ones. They are very comfortable and, for me, a better shape as a bit looser at the top but slightly less wide at the bottom. The only issue I have is that the navy ones fade slightly (which I find is common with navy).

Pippa22 Thu 15-Oct-20 12:19:03

No, no , no to joggers with elasticated bottoms, particularly if worn with leather shoes and white socks !! Otherwise joggers are fine but only if they don’t have a big stretched bit hanging down where the bottom should fit if the trousers were pulled up. You can see I have done a lot of research on this. Actually joggers look nice if worn with a baggy sweatshirt. About on a par with leggings I suppose but a bit more forgiving especially if leggings are flesh colour and worn stretched over an ample body making the wearer look nude until a second glance is taken.... after joggers and leggings during house arrest I don’t think I could ever go back to wearing jeans.