Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Stylish jogging bottoms?

(92 Posts)
kittylester Wed 14-Oct-20 21:27:58

I usually change into jogging bottoms (non elasticated ankle types!) at home but now I wear them nearly all the time as i rarely leave the house.

I have one pair of Jersey 'loungewear' trousers which are lovely to wear as they are a bit like thicker PJ bottoms. They are lovely and relaxed but ok if someone comes round.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to buy some more.

NanaJack1 Thu 15-Oct-20 18:39:49

Hi Kittylester
I’m like you and find joggers/leggings really comfy. Have you tried the site Everything £5. I heard about it approx 2 years ago, on tv and it’s brilliant. I don’t feel guilty anymore if want to splash out on some clothes. My wardrobe has never been fuller ??

CarlyD7 Thu 15-Oct-20 20:11:02

I buy mine from Cotton Traders (85% Cotton, 15% Polyester) - as they're a good price and I can get a longer length as I'm taller than average. Intend to get a couple more pairs for the winter.

Missiseff Thu 15-Oct-20 21:25:14

Never would have thought the words Stylish and Jogging bottoms could be used together

silverlining48 Thu 15-Oct-20 23:34:48

I was just going to say the same Missie, a definite oxymoron in my Humble opinion. However they are really comfy .... and mine are wearing out so I will read with interest .

FarNorth Thu 15-Oct-20 23:42:17

How they can call themselves Cotton Traders I don’t know.

Cotton is the surname of the owners, I believe.

Teacheranne Thu 15-Oct-20 23:53:23

vegansrock

I stopped looking at the Cotton Traders when I saw a pair of their joggers were 100% POLYESTER! How they can call themselves Cotton Traders I don’t know. I want 100% cotton ones- or at least 95%, M and S ones look worth a go. Sweaty Betty look fab but £70! I like Uniqlo as a rule but found their joggers a bit short in the leg.

I never thought about the fabric used in Cotton Traders clothes - I buy almost all my clothes from them! They are called Cotton Traders because the company was started by Fran Cotton, a famous rugby player!

vegansrock Fri 16-Oct-20 06:51:56

I didn’t know that about Cotton Traders name and I expect most people don’t - therefore it’s misleading for many. Anyway I wouldn’t buy anything that is polyester - it’s basically plastic and hugely bad for the environment. I always look at the composition label. Organic or sustainable cotton isn’t always the most pricey so it’s worth looking.

kittylester Fri 16-Oct-20 07:51:18

vegans I think most people who would look at Cotton Traders are of an age to know that and remember the founder as a good rugby player.

vegansrock Fri 16-Oct-20 09:56:41

I’m that age and no knowledge of rugby or Mr Cotton- not a fan of the website anyway, certainly not anything polyester.

Jaxie Fri 16-Oct-20 10:25:20

Vegansrock: the firm is called Cotton Traders because the owner’s surname is Cotton. What ghastly frumpy clothes he sells though.

Chardy Fri 16-Oct-20 10:56:05

Some very pleasing loungewear towards the end of ITV's Lorraine today (Friday) with a variety of price tags Nanajack1

Thistlelass Sat 31-Oct-20 20:43:12

Not for me I am afraid. Horrible things. I wear denim leggings. Very comfortable in a good range of finish. I will buy high rise jogging as not as slim as once was (doing Slimming World). I buy jogging from Dorothy Perkins - have nice organic ones at keen prices. Also from George at Asda and perhaps Next - they are more expensive and do not wear so well. I am.63. If I live to be 83 I may have to give in and have joggers but I will resist.

Thistlelass Sat 31-Oct-20 20:44:18

Predictive text is awful. Should read jeggings.

Trisha57 Tue 03-Nov-20 11:08:17

I've just bought my first pair of M&S straight leg jogging bottoms after reading this thread. They are lovely and comfy, look quite smart but, as someone said previously, no pockets. I've also bought some online from George at Asda, and they are good too.

Grannynannywanny Tue 03-Nov-20 11:19:20

I’ve been resisting temptation to buy some since I bought several pairs for a loved one in residential care. They look so comfy and also smart due to the straight leg and no cuff. But I suspect they’ll be so comfy I’ll stop wearing my normal trousers and miss the early warning sign of the waist band starting to tighten. That usually prompts me to have some self control.

sodapop Tue 03-Nov-20 12:34:52

I agree Jaxie Cotton Traders were ok for basics a while ago but now their clothes are frumpy and boring.