Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Lifting wrinkles

(52 Posts)
loopyloo Mon 09-Nov-20 08:08:20

Does anyone know of a good cream to temporarily lift wrinkles?

Georgesgran Mon 09-Nov-20 09:02:47

I know the kind of thing you mean - usually available on TV shopping channels?
Did try one some years ago, but couldn’t apply make up afterwards. The area round my eyes where I’d used it ended up looking shiny and didn’t blend in with my face - a bit of a panda look.

I’ll try and research.

Lucca Mon 09-Nov-20 09:05:58

No. I don’t have wrinkles. I have lines. Loads of them!

Georgesgran Mon 09-Nov-20 09:06:20

Found LIZZ by Velform and My Perfect Eyes - both quite expensive, especially if you get the same result I did. They do work, but I found the residue left on my skin unpleasant.

phoenix Mon 09-Nov-20 09:15:50

Apparently Joan Collins and others swear by ointment for piles!grinshock

It gives a temporary "tightening" effect.

Teetime Mon 09-Nov-20 09:35:53

Is this about stopping make up settling in the lines/wrinkles? If so a primer often helps with this. I use Clarins Instant Smooth - does what it says smooths it all out.

ExD Mon 09-Nov-20 09:40:15

A cleaner once told me the changing room in the hall where beauty contests took place (back in the day) stank of Anusol afterwards.
Apparently they don't use Germoloids because it makes their eyes water! wink

blondenana Mon 09-Nov-20 14:28:33

Instantly ageless is good for around eyes and eye bags, doesn't leave the residue like my perfect eyes
Can be bought on ebay, but don't get the sachets, get the little vials look like small tubes,, if you decide to try,and just make sure they are well in date

annsixty Mon 09-Nov-20 14:40:15

I always thought it was Preparation”H” the models use.
Clarins do one which I have used in the past it was called something like Flash beauty balm, I will check.

lemongrove Mon 09-Nov-20 16:18:15

I did once read that toothpaste applied at night ( just as well, you wouldn’t want anyone to see you)? has a tightening effect too, also a drying one, so you would need a moisturiser the next morning.
I don’t have many wrinkles at the moment, but if I do get them I wouldn’t care.An older face should look lived in.

M0nica Tue 10-Nov-20 07:48:15

Why bother? It is never convincing.

Fuchsiarose Tue 10-Nov-20 09:09:33

Skin needs water to plump out lines or wrinkles. Aqueasous cream from chemist. Inexpensive and works

Grannynannywanny Tue 10-Nov-20 09:18:36

Wrinkles? What wrinkles??

NannaGrandad Tue 10-Nov-20 09:52:02

My friend uses Highborn eye cream and it genuinely does make her look years younger.

readsalot Tue 10-Nov-20 09:56:33

Not quite what you are asking for, but I have started using Miracle Blur by Trinny London. Definite visual improvement but doesn't get rid of wrinkles.

LauraNorder Tue 10-Nov-20 09:57:05

Gin. Don’t apply it, drink it.
Not an instant fix but if you drink enough the wrinkles won’t matter.
Seriously though a single gin and tonic daily is good for the skin, the liver and the kidneys, more may be harmful.

starbird Tue 10-Nov-20 10:00:42

I found that the only thing that helps is not looking in the mirror!

Dylant1234 Tue 10-Nov-20 10:06:51

The best thing for wrinkles is daily facial exercises. These tone the underlying muscles. We get wrinkles because we lose muscle and muscle tone everywhere on our body as we age. The skin, which had been stretched over the muscle, is then loose and saggy. It’s not lines per se that are ageing but the drooping of the face. Thing is, needs time and discipline to do facial exercises and life is too short really ......

Lollipop1 Tue 10-Nov-20 10:18:20

I found Miracle Blur a waste of money. I've tried using it around my lips but it rubbed off. I need serious filler for those lines. If I were you I'd Google how to apply makeup to an older face. Less emphasis on the eyes more on cheeks and lips and a good CC cream to even out complexion.

Petalpop Tue 10-Nov-20 10:19:06

I am with Starbird just don't look in the mirror. If you feel the need to I recommend a darkened room with mood lighting -works every time.

polnan Tue 10-Nov-20 10:21:34

Grannynannywanny! thank you

I thought Prep H was no longer manufactured, kills whales?

learn to live with them? o.k. easy for me... I have naturally ... few wrinkles, in my genes,, but ... ho hum!

Annaram1 Tue 10-Nov-20 10:24:13

I have tried many creams and found the best one is that which people are complaining about here, My Perfect Eyes. If you get a residue damp it down with a little water. It really does make you look younger. The effect lasts for several hours.

However before lockdown I used to go twice a year to a nearby clinic for fillers and Botox. Instant fix, if expensive, but so are a lot of creams. I cant go at the moment but once things are better I will go for my fillers.

Chameleon007 Tue 10-Nov-20 10:27:21

I've used bottles Oil of Olay since I was 15 years old. I now use daytime tubs of Olay. But always finish washing my face and throat by splashing lots of cold water over them. Think the secret is not to let your skin become dry.

Rmegan Tue 10-Nov-20 10:29:22

At 63 I don’t have any wrinkles but I do have bags under my eyes due to not sleeping because of fibromyalgia - any advice

Cherrytree59 Tue 10-Nov-20 10:54:10

On either Ideal shopping world or QVC they do a temporary eye lift, line smoother product.
It was claimed by the shopping channel that it had been manufactured initially for the television/ Film industry.

A few years back I was sucked in and bought ( sorry can remember what the product was called) .
It was a bit fiddily and I remember that you had to waft it dry with paper fan or similar.

It did work.
Eye area smoothed out, felt a slightly tight. But.....
The draw back for me was that you could not use liquid foundation.
Only loose powder, ie Bare Minerals.

Maybe GN QVC/Ideal shopper can help with name.

Cosmetic outlets also sell clear strips that can be used around eye area to provide a temporary lift.