Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Have you used Shower Steamers?

(7 Posts)
Blossoming Thu 21-Jan-21 22:33:52

Oh, you’re talking about Shower Melts! I thought you were talking about steam cleaners. I’ve never bought them, but I do use them, one of my nieces makes them. I don’t use the, every day, more as an indulgence ?

SuzannahM Tue 19-Jan-21 13:24:47

Never heard of them so had to look them up too! Can't see the point of them really, because they are supposed to release natural oils to scent your shower. But if you are using scented gels, soaps, shampoos already how would you really smell them?
I think you need to have a hot shower too to make enough steam to waft the scent around, and I don't have hot showers - bad for your skin and hair.

FlexibleFriend Tue 19-Jan-21 12:26:11

I'd never heard of them so looked them up, I can't see the point and intensely dislike anyone using bath bombs in my bath. My son ex gf used them frequently and never cleaned the bath after her leaving me to clean off what felt like concrete from the bath and I've recently replaced the bath so I'm very protective as the bathroom makeover cost a fortune.
They didn't seem expensive to me compared to bath bombs but also seem pointless. At least you can soak in a bath bomb whereas these would just disappear down the drain.

avitorl Tue 19-Jan-21 12:06:55

I think a steam cleaner would definitely be more useful.smile

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 19-Jan-21 11:58:53

I thought the thread was about the Shower Steamers that clean the tiles and grout, so I ignored it........

avitorl Tue 19-Jan-21 11:57:32

It would seem that they definitely aren't used by GN posters.
On reflection they probably are a complete waste of money.
I will sniff essential oils instead .
I am looking for Lockdown luxuries to lift my mood and break the daily boredom.

avitorl Sun 17-Jan-21 21:56:23

I saw a post on MN which mentioned Shower Steamers and had to google what they are.They are a sort of Bath Bomb for shower use.
They seem quite expensive,has anyone used them? Are they worth buying?