Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

60+ and plus sizes

(34 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

Nannytopsy Tue 02-Mar-21 13:58:35

Box2 and Kasbah have some good things but can be pricy. Lagenlook are cheaper and have some very quirky things, usually in natural fabrics. They are really plus size too, not skimpy size 20s and often flowing styles.

FannyCornforth Tue 02-Mar-21 13:58:24

Poppyred On inspection, I don't think that Roman Originals is quite our cup of tea.
There's a heck of a lot of sleeveless, over the knee, floral dresses on there!

Soozikinzi Tue 02-Mar-21 12:57:38

I am 60 and I like Roman originals clothes and find them suited to our age group . The returns are particularly easy as long as you open the bag carefully there’s another sticky strips you just put the return address sticker on and take it to the post office. It’s not free but the postage just gets knocked off the refund.

StellaGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 02-Mar-21 12:49:57

Thanks Roxannediane
Apologies, we'll get those links updated asap. Be lovely to have any good suggestions on what we could add to the page to make it more useful so please do make any recommendations on this thread and we'll do that. smile

FannyCornforth Tue 02-Mar-21 12:46:52

Hello Jo - I've just looked at eShakti. Thank you for the recommendation. It looks great, some lovely styles on there; elbow length sleeves, cotton and pockets too!
Have you bought anything from them?

Poppyred Tue 02-Mar-21 12:45:36

GagaJo

Have either of you tried eShakti? If you know what shape suits your body best, you can pick the styles you like and in some cases, the colours too.

Even better, you can add in your exact measurements. So if you are shorter, and add your height, you hopefully don't get super long clothes.

Looks promising - thanks.

GagaJo Tue 02-Mar-21 12:25:28

Have either of you tried eShakti? If you know what shape suits your body best, you can pick the styles you like and in some cases, the colours too.

Even better, you can add in your exact measurements. So if you are shorter, and add your height, you hopefully don't get super long clothes.

Poppyred Tue 02-Mar-21 12:12:05

Someone could make a fortune if only they asked what we wanted in clothes! I like fashionable clothes but don’t want to show my upper arms or horrible shaped knees.

We oldies have more money to spend on clothes but completely fed up of above the knee dresses (WHY?) Flowers on everything designed for the over 50S (WHY?) Short sleeved fitted tops (WHY?)

Roxannediane Tue 02-Mar-21 12:01:38

I’ve just read the article today on the site regarding 50+ plus sizes and found it wanting!
Some of the shops mentioned are no longer trading and the links are obsolete. I used to love Sixteen47 but they are now closed.
Those of us who are size 20+ do not enjoy wearing clothes designed for smaller people and upsized for us without a thought about widening arms or extra length. I hate wearing t shirts with short arms, preferring to cover mine to just above the elbow, and I prefer a longer length, perhaps down to the hip so I can tuck in or leave out without it cutting me in half.
I am also not a fan of the jeggins shape trouser as I feel it makes me look shorter than I am.
Was the person who wrote this article a 20 something sized10??