Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Most nourishing face creams

(63 Posts)
Sparkling Wed 21-Apr-21 19:20:59

My skin has gone so dry and no cream seems to moisturiser it properly. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced deeply nourishing cream.

timetogo2016 Sat 24-Apr-21 11:49:28

I use Neals Yard cream,very good and reasonably priced.

Jane43 Sat 24-Apr-21 11:50:59

Aldi do some very good day and night creams. The most expensive one (less than £6) had a very good write up in a beauty magazine. I tried a Nivea Q10 when Aldi ran out of stock but it irritated my eyes so I used ordinary Nivea Cream which is very good too.

Jane43 Sat 24-Apr-21 11:53:09

This is a review on Aldi products:

www.you.co.uk/aldi-beauty-products-dupes/

Nannan2 Sat 24-Apr-21 11:55:26

Gagagran, maybe someone medical does need to look at your eye, if only one is dry/itchy could be some infection in the eye perhaps? Let Dr, or pharmacy, or opticians have a look first, and in meantime, just wipe each eye with a separate cotton wool pad dipped (& squeeze out excess water) in cooled, boiled water, or a tiny bit of salt in the water.(like we were advised when our babies were having eye trouble)? Then ask pharmacy for advice on what to use in future on your eyes.maybe just pure coconut oil would be best?

GrAnne2 Sat 24-Apr-21 12:03:28

Weleda Skin Food - inexpensive (our local Morrisons stocks it) and it comes in a ‘light’ version for daytime.

Maggiemaybe Sat 24-Apr-21 12:09:43

Aldi skincare products are very good. I do wonder how they get away with it, and understand the annoyance of the companies who put all the work and research into a product that’s simply copied.

I’ll admit I’m not above buying them though. blush The “Jo Malone” perfume is amazing, and actually lasts longer on my skin than the real thing.

Milliedog Sat 24-Apr-21 12:30:47

When I was in my 30s I had a serious skin reaction (hugely swollen face / no eyes / blobby nose) and the dermatologist told me to use Cetraben. It's very cheap and lasts for ages. Smooth it on, leave it for a while and wipe it off. Although I have frown lines etc I don't have as many wrinkles as some people my age, though I know it could be genetic.

gran5up Sat 24-Apr-21 13:19:50

Avon avocado face cream, £3, works wonders for my very dry skin. It's light but rich with a fresh pleasant smell. Have always been a dry skin person, when others my age (18 at the time) used Outdoor Girl Moisturising Cream, I used the Over 30's kind!

BlueSapphire Sat 24-Apr-21 13:33:38

Weleda Skin Food here too, about £7. 99, available in Sainsbury's, Boots etc. I also use a Factor 50 suncream on top.

Maggiemaybe Sat 24-Apr-21 13:54:28

jacqrose

Moisturisers only sit on top of the skin so I would suggest you try something with hyaluronic acid in it. It isn’t acid as you would think but a molecule that holds moisture in the skin and so hydrates making it feel less tight. Superdrug are good on these products at a reasonable price or Boots. Also as boring as it is, try to drink more water.

Another good one I came across by accident is Victoria Beauty Hyaluron lavender and liquorice cream, billed as being for 60 to 75 year olds. It’s about £6. I only bought it to make an Amazon order up to the free delivery level, but chose to get it again after that. It’s a good consistency, and smells lovely.

Graygirl Sat 24-Apr-21 16:43:44

Try SBC range , used it for last 10years+ get compliments I have very sensitive/dry skin
British brand, go direct to there website, send e e-mail asking for help they are very helpful , Also available on qvc

rozina Sat 24-Apr-21 21:33:37

Hello Sparkling, I use Astral and it's fabulous, it really penetrates the skin. It used to cost £5 but since the pandemic has now reached £8.50, however it's a massive tub, well worth the price. Also Aldi as a serum goes deep in a few minutes, I don't know how much I pay for that, but very little!

Best of luck